Chapter 18: Beach

•Part 18•

I woke up in the best mood possible. It was the day of my party and the weather couldn't be any better for a beach party.

I couldn't get out of bed fast enough to get ready for the day ahead. I quickly put on a pastel neon orange triangl bikini under a pair of black ripped high waisted denim shorts and a pink knit crop top. Finally, I slipped on a pair of black flat braided sandals and I was ready.

There was bound to be drinking so my friends had ordered a cab for me that had come perfectly on time.

"Have fun sweetheart!" My mum grinned as I made my way downstairs.

"Call us if you need anything." My dad added.

I kissed them both on the cheek. "Thank you! Hopefully I won't. Love you guys." And with that I was off.

////////

Arriving at the site I was shocked. Most of the guests were already here, waiting for me. The beach was decorated with tables and freezers and banners and lights and music. I didn't know what to look at first.

"THE BIRTHDAY GIRL HAS ARRIVED!" My two best friends cheered as I got out the cab.

"Guys this is amazing!" I grinned out of happiness.

"We're glad you like it." Poppy hugged me. "Now LETS START THIS PARTY!" A cheer erupted and the music started playing louder. My first stop was a drink, I needed one, to loosen up a little bit.

"Happy belated birthday." I found myself smiling at the familiar voice that came up from behind me as a grabbed a beer.

"Sean."

He grinned his cheeky grin. "This party is looking great."

"I know. All thanks to my best friends." I told him.

"You look even better though." He winked.

A bit my lip hoping my red cheeks wouldn't show. "Thank you."

"Any time beautiful." He smiled. "Is that Huffman that Poppy's with?"

I looked to my right in the directions he was looking. Poppy and Dylan were sitting by the water, Dylan had just said something that had made Poppy laugh. It made me smile seeing my best friend so happy, I could tell she really liked him.

"I guess it is." I nodded.

"Damn they look good together." Sean commented.

"They sure do." I agreed, turning back to him. "But so do you and Sara."

He smiled looking behind me. "Speaking of the devil."

I looked behind me to be met by a waving Sara. "Happy birthday Lucy!" She grinned giving me a hug.

"Thank you, and thanks for coming at such late notice." I had asked Sean to invite Sara because I didn't want her to get the wrong idea.

"No problem. I couldn't miss it." She smiled, as Sean wrapped his arms around her.

"Well I'll leave you two alone, I'll go and greet some more people." I told them, grabbing my beer and walking off. I looked around hoping to see Liam's face somewhere in the crowd. He had promised to come but I couldn't see him anywhere which upset me more than I expected.

After a few more happy birthdays and thank you's I decided it was time for a swim.

I took my shirt and shorts off and made my way to the water, but before I knew it someone's arms were on my waist and throwing me over their shoulders. I screamed instinctively as I saw us nearing the water before my body hit the cold waves.

I stayed under water for a while, looking at my attacker and I didn't have to look for long.

"You asshole!" I screamed as I came above the water.

Liam let out a husky laugh running his hand through his hair. "So nice to see you too."

"Why would you do that?" I demanded.

"Well you were going in the water anyway, and I was already running for it so I just grabbed you on the way." He shrugged. "Plus, you were kind of giving everyone a little stripping show."

I blushed, not realising that my body would even catch anyone's attention. By I decided to use this opportunity to tease him a little. I moved over closer to him in the water and raised an eyebrow. "Did that bother you?"

"A little." His honesty surprised me slightly.

"Why is that?" I asked, getting even closer.

"Because you didn't see the way those guys were looking at you." He told me. "Plus," his hand reached to my waist, unexpectedly pulling me to his chest. "I want to be the only one who gets to see your hot body." My breath hitched. He was playing my own game. Shit.

"How are you gonna do that?" I asked raising a teasing eyebrow. Before I knew it, his index finger had risen my chin up so that my lips could reach his before connecting them. My heart started beating like crazy as my hands instinctively wrapped around his neck bringing him closer. I liked this. This closeness. Liam's lips on mine. I felt complete again. He let out a little moan as I bit his lip, making me smile in satisfaction.

"Was that a--"

"No." He shook his head with a smirk.

"Yeah it was. You moaned." I teased.

"You're imagination is incredible." He laughed, placing another kiss on my lips.

"You're such a stubborn asshole." I rolled my eyes.

"But you love it." He winked.

I rolled my eyes again. "Whatever."

"You look cold."

"I am." I pouted. The weather was beautiful but the water was unexpectedly cold.

"Let's get out and warm up." Liam suggested, wrapping his arms around my waist and leading me out of the water. That's when I realised, he was wrapping his arms around my waist in public, for everyone to see. What had happened to the Liam Hamilton that did everything to keep us a secret?

"Liam--"

"I know babe." He smiled looking down at me. "I don't care. Let them see that I'm the luckiest guy on earth."

I couldn't help but smile at his words. They were so cheesy, so cliché but so perfect. I finally felt like he really wanted this. He really wanted us, and he wasn't ashamed of it.

"Thank you." I muttered against his lips. His response was a kiss, before he wrapped a towel around me and cuddled me to his chest.

I watched the huge crowd of people that had attended my birthday party. They were dancing, drinking, partying, but I didn't have to, because I felt happy sitting on a wooden log, having Liam's arms warm me up. This was perfect enough for me.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

http://www.polyvore.com/beach_birthday_party/set?id=126399110&lid=3706920