Chapter 28: McHamilton

•Part 28•

"Where were you yesterday?" Poppy asked as I took my seat in the lunch hall.

"I bunked."

"Alone?"

"With Sean."

"Okay seriously Lucy, he likes you!" She told me. "It's so damn obvious."

I shook my head. "No he doesn't. And even if he did it doesn't matter because it was awful."

"What happened?"

I shrugged. "He-- he told me he's friends with Liam."

"As in Hamilton?!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes. "He just asked my what happened between Liam and I and said that he's always been close to ben because he's a really good guy--"

"He said Liam's a good guy?" I nodded. "And you reacted how?" I could feel Poppy's cautiousness as if she knew already how I reacted. She knew me so well.

"I wouldn't say crazy, but I freaked out." I admitted. "We decided to forget about it but it was just so awkward."

"So what now?" Poppy asked. "Did you talk about it?"

"We did. But I'm scared that I messed up."

Poppy shook her head. "Your reaction was understandable Luce. If Sean can't accept that then that's his loss. But he's a great guy, he's probably already forgotten."

"I hope so--"

"Speaking of the devil." Poppy muttered.

I didn't even manage to look around before Sean had appeared at our table. "Mornin ladies."

"Hey." Poppy and I greeted at the same time.

"You look pretty as always today." He grinned at me.

I was wearing a teal tunique kimono top with a brown leather string belt, a pair of black skinny jeans and brown leather multi strap sandal heels. "Thank you." I smiled.

Sean opened his mouth to speak just as his phone went off. "Damn." He cursed after reading the message.

"You okay?" I asked.

Sean looked up at me apologetically. "I'm sorry I forgot I had training. I'll call you later okay?" I nodded. "Bye Poppy."

"See ya. Tell Dylan to call me when he's free." She shouted after him.

"I will!" And he was gone.

I turned back to my best friend. "You'll never understand how happy I am for you and Dylan."

Poppy rolled her eyes. "Thank you."

"Are you happy with him?" I asked.

"So happy." She smiled. "I feel like he's everything I've ever wanted. Just a shame he's got a prick as a best friend."

I laughed. "No ones perfect."

"You know, I wish I could do something. I love Sean, he's such a nice guy and if you guys were to be together and he made you happy, I would never ask for more." She trailed off.

"But?" I could feel it coming.
She sighed. "Does it make me a bad friend to still want you with Liam?"

I shook my head. "Poppy--"

"Seriously Luce. That's what I'm saying. If I could do something, I'd do anything to get you two together. I'm sorry for saying this because I know he hurt you and I hate seeing you upset. But seriously Luce, I think he might love you." She said softly.