Chapter 27: Bunk

•Part 27•

I woke up early the next morning. I couldn't sleep, every time I shut my eyes, my mind was bombarded with thoughts that I didn't need right now.

I made my way to the kitchen in my pyjamas, and made myself an actual breakfast which I hadn't done ever since I started high school.

I didn't actually get to enjoy my breakfast though because as soon as I sat down, the doorbell rang. I looked at the clock, 7am. Who could be visiting us at this time? My parents weren't even awake.

I wrapped my dressing gown tighter around my body, preparing for the cold that would hit my if I opened the door. The doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming!" I groaned, swinging the door open and instantly regretting it.

I grinning Sean appeared on my porch. "Morning to you too."

My eyes popped. "Oh god!" I suddenly felt self conscious. I was wrapped in a pink fluffy dressing gown with my bed hair and a face mask, how much worse could this be? "What are you doing here Sean?"

He chuckled at my reaction. "I actually came to give you an offer."

"An offer?"

He nodded. "What do you say we bunk school today and go central. Frankly, I've got tons of coursework due today that I hadn't done and I don't wanna bunk alone. Please?"

It made me smile. The fact that out of all the people, Sean came to me. He obviously wanted to spend time with me and the feeling was mutual. "I'm up for that."

"Really?" He grinned. "Great!"

I nodded. "Come in. Lemme make you breakfast."

"I've already eaten." Sean told me, following me into the kitchen.

I shrugged. "Well watch me eat then."

He chuckled. "Are you going dressed like that?"

I glared at him. "Yes. Would that be an issue?"

"Of course not! You look amazing in everything." He winked. I looked away quickly because I could feel myself going red.

"You know what? I'm not hungry anymore, I'll just go upstairs and get changed quickly." I told him before running upstairs and desperately digging through my wardrobe. Finally, I decided on a button up shirt crop top with three quarter sleeves and a medieval print, a loose pair of ripped rolled boyfriend jeans and a pair of nude simple two piece strap heels.

Confidently I made my way downstairs and back into the kitchen. "I'm ready--" I stopped in my tracks at the sight of my mum, sitting across from Sean at the table.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Good morning hunny, what are you ready for?"

Sean turned around to face me mouthing 'school'.

"School. My car is playing up so I asked Sean to pick me up today." I lied.

My mum seemed to believe me. "Have you told your dad about it so he can get it checked up?"

I shook my head. "I haven't had a chance to yet. I was thinking I'll tell him later today when I see him."

"Alright sweetheart." She said standing up as Sean did. "Well I hope you have a lovely day at school kids." She turned to Sean. "It was lovely having a chat with you."

"Thank you Mrs Banks, it was my pleasure." He smiled back before following me to the front door.

"Sweetheart do you know what time you'll be home later?" My mum asked finally.