Chapter 10: Two Can Play the Game

•Part 10•

I didn't want to go to school. I was never one to hate school, I had always enjoyed it in one way or another. But ever since the school year had started I've practically been dreading every day of it.

I got out of bed with a groan and quickly got dressed opting for a navy engraved skater skirt, a double layered multi-coloured aztec print cami top and a pair of coral platform sandals.

"You look very nice this morning." My mum told me as I grabbed an apple.

"Thanks." Dressing up was an attempt to lighten up my mood.

"Is it for anyone special?" She winked.

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Is something wrong hunny--"

"I'm going to school." I got up mid sentence and walked out of the kitchen then out of the house.

I felt like a bitch for snapping at my mum like that, but I really wasn't in the mood for a pity party.

////////

"Okay this has to stop." Melissa said after I finished telling my best friends what had happened the night before.

"Mel's right. He can't just think that he can come and apologise and you'll forgive him every time." Poppy added.

"I know that." I said. "Why do you think I slammed the door in his face?"

"Well I think he got the point." Poppy told me.

"You sure?" I asked.

She nodded, before nudging her head to my right. "He sure as hell isn't trying to hide it."

I turned my head follow her gaze and instantly regretted it. Alice had just hopped out of Liam's car, and interlocked hands with him as they strolled right past us.

My mouth dropped. I shook my head slowly in disbelief before swallowing back the tears. "Well, it didn't take him long to move on."

Poppy sighed. "Ignore him Luce. He's trying to get your attention."

"No he's not. He's trying to hurt me Poppy. That's all. Mr Popular can't get over the fact that a piece of trash like myself could slam a door in his face, so he's doing everything he can to get back at me."

He was being childish; purposely trying to hurt me. It was working. I felt worthless. Like a piece of trash he had thrown away. I meant nothing to him all this time.

////////

At lunch I sat alone. It had come to a point where I was even avoiding my best friends. I had to stop this, it was unnatural--

"Maybe if you didn't slam the door in my face, you wouldn't be sitting all alone." My heart stopped at the realisation of who the voice belonged to.

"Maybe if you hadn't made out with a hoe bag I wouldn't have had to shut the door in your face." I retorted. "Plus, it's not like you'd actually sit with me. Mr Popular couldn't be possibly seen being civil to someone as unimportant as me."

"Is that why you're all over McCoy?" He asked.

My eyebrows shot up. "Sean?"

Liam nodded. "Two can play the game sweetheart."

"I don't know what you're talking about Liam. You're insane." I told him.

"I've seen you with him--"