Chapter 26: Park

•Part 26•

What better thing to do on a Wednesday morning than to miss your only two periods of the day for a stroll in the park?

The weather looked really promising and it would have been a sin to miss out on it by sitting in a classroom. I had to show Mother Nature some respect - without my own mother knowing of course.

"Bye mum!" I screamed closing the door quickly behind me and running down my driveway. I wasn't even going to take my car, because I felt like it was a shame. A walk in the fresh air would do me some good. I was going to relax today and get everything off of my mind. I had to.

Before I had realised I was at the park, all I had to do was find a nice little spot in the shade to spend my day in. And there it was, a little spot of grass under a huge tree far enough from the football pitch to have some piece and quiet but close enough to be able to admire the lookers running around from a safe distance. It was perfect.

I opened up my books and made myself comfortable on my blanket - yes, I brought a blanket. I stared at Mussolini's face on the cover of my history textbook thinking just how much I didn't want to be doing my homework. And so I decided not to. Jesus I was a rebel today!

I put my books away and lay back down on the blanket. The sun was shining, the birds were singing and most importantly the boys were gathering on the pitch. I smiled internally admiring the eye candy.

This was going to be a good day-- my thoughts got stopped by the stinging pain in my stomach. "Fvck." I cursed, clutching the stomach and rolling to my side from the pain. What had just hit me?

"Oh my god I'm so so sorr--" Liam stopped talking as soon as I sat up and glared. He was holding a football. Of course, I couldn't have a nice relaxing Hamilton-free day, because he was everywhere!

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I looked away avoiding his eyes. "I'm fine."

"I'm sorry that wasn't even me--"

"I don't care. Whatever."

"You look nice."

I looked down at my Superdry grey t-shirt with aqua three quarter sleeves, destroyed dark grey skinny jeans with rips on both knees and my timberlands before lying back down on the ground hoping he'd get my lack of interest and leave me alone. "No I don't. Stop trying to make small talk."

My hand was still on my throbbing stomach and unfortunately he noticed. "Lucy, you're not fine, let me--"

I sat up automatically. "Hell no! You're not coming anywhere near me."

He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a voice from the pitch. "Hamilton what's taking you so long?!"

Liam sighed, before kicking back the ball to his team but not moving away from me.

"Look Liam, you're friends are waiting--"

"I miss you." My jaw dropped. Where the hell did that come from? "I'm serious," Liam said. "I miss you so much. I know I've made a mistake and I wish I had seen it earlier. But I was stupid and I'm sorry. I just want you to know that I won't give up trying to get you back--"

"Stop. Just stop." I sat up completely. "I don't want to hear it Liam. I've heard it all before, so please stop repeating yourself."

"But--"

I shook my head. "No buts. It's over. To be honest, now that I think of it, I don't think there was an 'it'."

His jaw dropped. "How can you say that?"