Chapter 1: Hospital

•Part 1•

Waking up in a hospital wasn't exactly great. But then again neither was the feeling that you got when you realised you've got your left leg and right hand in a cast and you can't remember why.

The last memory I had was of me arguing with my ex, Patrick while someone familiar interfered as Patrick pushed me into a metal bin container, before everything went blank.

I let my eyes adjust to the bright light and clinical plain walls. Scanning the room, I realised I wasn't alone.

"Mum," I croaked painfully. "What happened?"

My mum's motherly instincts made her jump up instantly. She smiled with relief as she passed me a cup of water. "Oh hunny, you're awake."

I nodded. "How long have I been out?"

"A few days."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What happened?"

My mum took one of my hands into hers and held it tightly. "I was hoping you could tell me sweetheart. I mean, from what I heard, you and Patrick had got into a fight and he turned to violence ending up in you being here."

"What do you mean by 'from what you have heard'?" I asked confused.

"Well there's this boy who's been sitting here since the day you arrived, waiting for you to wake up. He said he saw a bit of the fight." My mum told me with a smile.

I nodded. "He must be the guy who stepped in and ripped Patrick off of me."

My mums smile turned into a grin. "He better be sweetheart, he's a looker!"

I rolled my eyes. "Mum, my last relationship ended up in me being here, I don't think I'm ready for another one."

"I know. I know." My mum nodded. "But you should at least meet him, he saved your life."

"You're right." I agreed. The least I could do was thank this guy. He saved my life because God knows what would have happened to me if not for him. And to be honest I remember him being familiar, so I was curious who this guy was.

My mum jumped up. "I'll go and get him."

"Mum," I called after her. "Where's dad?"

My mum sighed with a smile. "He's dealing with Patrick."

I nodded. I loved my dad. Niether of my parents were very strict, but there was discipline in the house. My dad was the slightly stricter one because I was his only daughter and he always told me he wouldn't want to be in the shoes of any guy that hurt his little girl even the slightest bit, so I really didn't even want to imagine what was happening to Patrick right this--

"Can I come in?" The knock and voice at the door snapped me back to reality.

"Yes, of course." I croaked.

The door opened wider and the boy stepped in, and as soon as he did, my aching jaw dropped and my breath hitched. The boy was hot. And I mean, God like hot. The sort of hot where you dont know whether you should stand and stare or jump on him and rip his clothes off. I already knew that this convetsation was going to go nowhere, because I wouldn't be able to speak.

The boy didn't smile as he walked to my bedside. Instead he ruffled his light brown scruffy looking sexy mess of a hair nervously and pulled the sleeves of his oversized sweater as he took his seat. And as my eyes regained their focus, not only did the boy become hotter but I realised who the boy was which made stuff 150% worse.

"Hey, my name is--"

"I know what you're name is."I interrupted him slightly surprised by the fact I was actually speaking. His name was Liam Hamilton. He was Mr. Popular at my high school.

His deep chuckle interrupted my thoughts. I took a deep breathe. "I'm--"

"I know who you are too." He smiled.

I nodded. "Oh yeah you should, the hospital report and stuff--"

"No, I knew your name before all of this." He told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You mean you knew my name before you saved my life?"

He chuckled again, this time shoeing his pearly white teeth. "Yes, Lucy Banks, attends my History class, sits at the back next to that guy with the oversized glasses and undersized clothes." We both laughed.

"He's called Larry." I told him still giggling.

"Larry." Liam nodded. "Anyway, miss Banks sits next to that Larry dude. She's quiet, likes to keep to herself, in class but out of it, she's... out of it." He chuckled making me laugh again. And blush. Liam Hamilton knew me. No not only my name, but he knew me. How was that even--

"How do you know all this?" I asked before finishing my own thoughts.

He shrugged. "Just because I'm the high school hottie," he winked, "Doesn't mean I'm stupid. I do own a pair of eyes, I notice people around me and what they do." He smiled, "Some just a little more than others."

My breathe hitched again, and I could feel myself going red. "I need to thank you Liam."

"For what? " he asked.

"You saved my life." I reminded him. "I don't know what could've happened if you hadn't had intruded." The thought made my eyes water as I tried holding back tears. "I'll never be able to thank you enough. " I told him through tears.

Without any warning, Liam got up and sat on the bed right next to me, putting his arms around me as I buried my head into his chest. I wasn't expecting the spark that erupted through my body at his touch. My heart skipped every few beats, and yet I felt comfortable and comforted.

"I would've never forgiven myself if I let him hurt you babe--" I looked up at him. Did he just call me babe? "I'm sorry I meant--"

"Its alright." I smiled. "Don't worry."

He cleared his throat. "Just know that I'm here if you need anything babe." And again. Was I dreaming?

I straightened up and smiled. "Thank you."

He smiled back. "I'm so sorry, but I have to leave. I promised my parents I'd come home for a bit as soon as you woke up."

I gave him an understanding nod. "I heard you've been here for the fast few days. Once again, thank you."

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "There's nothing to thank me for."

"Li--"

"Look princess, why don't you give me your number so we can arrange something?" At those words I thought my eyes were going to pop. Did the Liam Hamilton just ask me for my number? A number of an average girl like me? I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. He noticed and chuckled. "Why don't you type it in?"

I took his phone and did so. "I'm sorry I don't know what happened. " I blushed. I swear I couldn't go any more red.

He chuckled again. "Dont worry. Its cute." Or maybe I could. And suddenly, Liam bent in, kissed me on the cheek and left.

I could feel my heart beat increase greatly and the monitor standing next to me proved it. I couldn't believe it, my saviour was Liam Hamilton. Liam Hamilton called me princess, babe, asked for my number and kissed my cheek. I had to be dreaming.