Chapter 35: Double Date

•Part 35•

I didn't end up listening to my heart. It was funny, my heart solely told me to be with Liam. It didn't even take any other option into account. On the other hand, my mind fought against that. My mind was responsible and realistic. It knew what was good for me and who wasn't going to hurt me, and that was Sean.

I decided not to tell Sean about my meeting with Liam and what had happened during it, because I guessed that if Liam wanted him to know he would have told him, and it wasn't my place to break their friendship.

I hadn't seen Sean in ages and frankly, I was kind of missing him. Thankfully, he invited me out for a date, and I couldn't help but agree.

He told me he had a table at a restaurant booked so I decided to dress up in a red and white aztec print dress and a pair of black suede platform heels with a thick ankle strap. I felt like I looked formal enough and even if I didn't, as soon as I let my hair out, the doorbell rang so I didn't even have time to change.

"Are you excited?" Sean asked as we neared the restaurant.

I nodded. "It's our first official date."

"Yeah it is, so I hope you enjoy yourself tonight." He said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

As we reached the restaurant parking lot, something caught my eye. A car. A black Range Rover that I knew too well.

"Are you okay?" Sean asked, as he turned the engine off.

"Yeah." No. No, I wasn't okay. I was far from okay. Why was Liam here? And who was he here with? I suddenly felt very anxious and faint. I wasn't ready to see Liam at school everyday, never mind in a restaurant on a date with another girl.

Sean kindly took my hand as we walked inside the restaurant and I couldn't stop myself from scanning the tables, searching for a certain someone, and praying I wouldn't find him. I did though. He was sitting at an enclosed table, surrounded by a couch. I recognised the girl sitting with him.

Samantha was in my basketball team for 2 years and sat in the row behind me in Maths. She was alright, but was way too close with Nicole for my liking, and way too smily.

I tried my best to ignore them as the waiter led us to our table, but it was getting pretty impossible as we got nearer and nearer to them. I prayed internally, hoping that our table wasn't going to be the empty one next to theirs, and for a second I thought God had mercy as we passed the empty table, until the waiter stopped at Liam and Samantha's.

I looked at the waiter confused and then at Sean. "What's going on?" I muttered.

"Hi mate." Sean greeted Liam who I could tell was avoiding me with his gaze in every way. "Surprise!" Sean laughed.

I looked at him, a puzzling look on my face. "Huh?"

"I had a chat with Liam, and we had planned a surprise double date for our ladies." Sean said proudly.

"Oh, that's nice." It really wasn't.

"Yeah we thought it'd be a fun idea." Liam added, finally looking at me. I glared at him questioning this decision. Fun? He thought this would be fun? Was he doing this on purpose to get back at me? Was this even real? He knew very well that fun was the last thing this was going to be for me. How could he do this?

"Hey." Samantha smiled at me as I took my seat next to her.

"Hey Sam." I smiled politely.

The waiter came to save me from awkwardness, and we all very obviously took our time placing the orders. None of us felt comfortable, and it was impossible to hide that. What were the two morons thinking when they planned this?! That we were all going to hold hands and make daisy chains for each other before skipping off into the sunset? Yeah, no.