Kisses and Blizzards

I walk into my room, not bothering to cover up my tears. My foot was hurting but that didn’t even match the pain in my chest. I filled me up with despair.  After the incident with Arjun it had left me with a gaping hole in my chest. It made me feel alone. He had gone back to clear up the venue and here I was being selfish and crying my eyes out. It just felt like something Harry would do, something sweet and nice.

When I walk towards my bed, I find someone sitting on it.

It was Harry.

“What are you doing here?” I stutter. I move towards the chair and sit down on it. At least one of the pains had subsided.

“Alia, I couldn’t leave. I couldn’t do anything without knowing that you could forgive me.” He says, getting up swiftly and walking towards. It was evening and little light flittered through my window. He looked daunting and mysterious in this odd lighting and it made my stomach churn like a blender on full power. He was kneeling in front of me, marriage-proposal style.

“I can forgive you Harry, just give me some time.” I say rubbing my hands across my face.

“Alia, I didn’t mean, any of it, I like you. I really like you and seeing that shameful idiot flirt with you really got to my nerves. I can’t handle anyone flirting with you because I like you.” He says, looking at me intently and watching my every move.

How does he expect me to respond to that?

“He wasn’t flirting with me Harry.” I say choosing the safer lane.

“He was, you were laughing with him and he was helping you walk, and you were doing everything we do together.” He says unnervingly. I watched his eyes as he pondered over his words.

His eyes, I would never be able to look at any of the paintings in a museum ever again because I know that the most beautiful colors I will ever find are right here, in his eyes. The green in them look like an endless meadows speckled by a couple of gold rays here and there. They were magical, they were the kind of eyes that could cure cancer and save humanity from apocalypse.

“I would never laugh with anyone as I laugh with you. I would never be able to replace us, even if I tried. Even if I wanted to all I would get would be a less good version of something phenomenal. Harry, I am totally, madly, deeply into liking you and if ever you doubt that I will box your teeth straight out of your beautiful face and punch you till you are unrecognizable t even your parents.” I say sternly not letting even a pinch of amusement sink onto my face.

He smiles, his usual, I-couldn’t-care-less-but-I-pretend-to smile. A smile that would power the entire world and a smile that makes my heart race like it’s running away from a pack of wolves.

“You like me?” He asks with disbelief ringing his words.

“No, I was talking to the wall behind you.” I say sarcastically.

“You like me.” He states, his smile growing into something more.

“Yes, can you not hear, do you want me to repeat myself?” I ask uneasily. He was behaving like my Aunt Mel when he was on meds; sadly he has now passed away.

“You like me.” He repeats again, his dimples showing clearly now.

“Yes I do, Harry…” I say skeptically.

He crashes onto my mouth before I have time to ask him another concerned question. His lips, they were new, they were something I had dreamed about. Something I had imagined happening to me when I was married, never before a marriage, never willingly.

I felt them move against my mouth and my lips move in sync. My hands were limp and to say I was shocked was not enough. I loved how it felt, to have him this close and not have anything to worry about. It’s just us in the universe and nothing more.