Ethan And Dates

Barely, I barely made it through the morning; I was tired, wearied and bleary eyed when I awoke. Harry was on one of the smaller sofas, his head lodged in a painful arrangement. I looked at him and smiled. I awoke in a ruffled wedding dress, my arms sore and my head chiming in with its own set of arguments.

Basically it sucked.

I drank water and brushed my teeth. When I walked out of the bathroom, still in a wedding dress, I found Harry stretching and yawning. He cracked his neck and sighed.

"Oh look, the princess has awoken. Did the knight finally kiss you out of your slumber?" He asked his mischievousness on full display. I grinned but I wanted to say something else.

He was my knight.

How do you tell that to someone?

"Very funny...at least I didn't look like I was sleeping after a million nights." I say. I still remember his snores reverberating through the house instantly scaring my sleep away. After that I focused on him sleeping.

"What do you mean?" He asked his grin fading.

"You were snoring like there was no tomorrow." I say, shrugging.

"There is no tomorrow, it's just today." He says, stretching and resting his hands on his folded hands, revealing his surprisingly toned arms.

"You've got more tattoos." I say to him.

"Yeah, care to see them?" He asks exhilaration, passion and what not lurking behind those gorgeous, gorgeous eyes of hid.

Yeah...I do...I very much do. But can I say that out loud?

"I mean...yeah, okay." Who cares? Maya would care.

Just as he was about to explain on his tattoos to me his phone rang, a surprising song filling my room, it was amnesia.

"Hey..." He says, eyeing me hesitatingly while he talked to the person on the other line.

"Yeah tell dad I'll be right there." He says, sighing, and then rubbing his face. He was tired, was he even sleeping?

"Maya, I'll come as soon as I can, okay?" He shouts, exasperated, as I flinch.

My heart sinks a bit at the mention of her name but I mask it well.

He cuts the phone abruptly and groans.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Can we talk another time?" He asks, getting up and straightening his tee shirt.

"Are we allowed to?" I question curiously. His hands were running through his hair, ruffling it.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" He inquires, bemused.

I felt like explaining it to him but I couldn't bring myself to. I don't quite know how I was even planning to.

"Nothing...I don't know if I am free, but let me know." I tell him. If one of us was unaware one of us also needed to be.

"Okay." He says, his smile lessening into a mere frown.

"Harry, did you...are you still angry?" I ask the question that had been bothering me since he walked into my apartment.

"I am really angry at you, but I was also crazy about you, I don't know where that puts me." He says, grinning, and leaving me with his scent hanging thick in the air. I smelled his hoodie, it smelled of all things Harry. It smelled like home and that's exactly what I needed.

_

I stirred the coffee again and again till I was absolutely certain I had stirred it enough to make it into a milkshake. I had been absentminded since that day and it wasn't helping my wedding planning.