The Day They Met

(A/N: awesome guys..thanks for the 15 reads and 3 votes)

“Mum I am perfectly capable of taking out my own clothes.” I say as she shuffles through my clothes. I hate it when she does that because she throws out all of the stuff that I particularly like.

“You picked out a sweater and shorts.” My mother points out.

I look down at my blue shorts and eye her carefully.

“At least it’s a bit girly.” I say. Its true don’t judge me just yet.

“They are weird and you are not going to go out like this.”  She says pointing at the cute tiger cub printed onto the side. I don’t see the problem with showing off your wild side.

“But I won’t have to go out. They are coming home.” I whine.

I know perfectly well what my mum meant but I liked the feeling of pissing her off.

“Do not be smart with me, young lady.” She scolds me.

I sit down with a huff on my bed and watch her go through my meager amounts of clothing.

“You have absolutely nothing to wear.” My mum says clearly annoyed by my lack of fashion sense.

I had about fifteen minutes to get ready and I was still whining. I know most girls would get frazzled

“You are wearing this.” She says removing a red dress.

“Mum no I –“ I start to tell her about my situation but she cuts me off with a curt nod and walks away.

I looked like a clown in this dress and I didn’t want to feel like that today.

I wear it without further hesitation and slip on black flats.

I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt like crying, again

“ALIA!” I hear Ar call me from the living room upstairs.

I walk out of my room and run up to the huge sitting area.

I see Ar talking to a tall lanky boy. He was wearing a nice shirt with black pants and was carrying a bouquet of red roses.

I walk up to them and stand next to Ar and wait for him to introduce me to Nick.

I thought it was Nick at least since I had never seen him before.

“This is Alia, she’s my twin.” He adds proudly.

“Nice to meet you.” He says with a British accent and shakes my hand.

Jas didn’t tell me he was British, well; let’s face it she never tells me anything. I forgot that I am an outcast to her.

“The pleasure is all mine.” I say back to him.

He has a curly mop of brown hair on his head which suits his green eyes.

Arjun excuses himself because he had to call everyone else.

“So? Where is everyone else?” I ask, trying to break the ice.

“Well they are coming. We come from different jobs every day so..” He trails off.

After and extremely awkward silence I decide to break the ice.

“How’d you meet Jas?” I ask.

He was going to be my sister’s husband, might as well ask him all the embarrassing questions. I lead him into the lounge, which is basically a cozy room with all kinds of cushions and chairs all around the place.