Epidemics And Punching Walls

I look at him, breathless, my throat inching smaller as I try to find words to say. His green eyes bore into mine and my heart yearns more. I shake my head, he didn't say those things, it was the alcohol talking. I rub my palms against my eyes and I look up at him again.

"I know it's really wrong. But some how it doesn't feel wrong and I think that's all that matters." He says calmly but I am anything but hysteric, if  hyperventilating and breathing heavily isn't hysteric. My heart was warmed with his words but I still contemplated all his actions because of what happened before.

"It's the alcohol talking." I say dazedly.

He stiffens and walks towards me and punches the wall behind me. His mouth was as close as it could get and I held onto the hoodie I was wearing, the only thing between me and the frozen apartment of mine.

"I am not drunk." He says through gritted teeth.

"There is alcohol on your breath, Harry." I say plainly. His fist moves away from the wall and much to my horror I see it is split and bleeding profusely. There are blood droplets on my wall. This will require ample explaining to Perrie.

"That's because I had some of it. I did not drink enough to be wasted." He says, picking up all my blankets. I stand near the wall, looking at him, unable to move. I don't even remember how 'we' happened but I am so glad it did, though rekindling at the present moment isn't a good idea.

"Why are you saying all this?" I say, through tears now as I reminisce all the moments I have had with him. How I got drunk with him, how I scraped my knee when I got drunk again, how we kissed as I cried, how I felt when he kissed Maya, it's just too much to take in or go through.

"Seeing you with that Ethan guy really got to me, and it is a big deal that you're going out. I know I am being..." I cut him off right there.

"This is ironic because six months ago I told you this. I told you I love you, and you asked me to forget you, you walked away, with Maya, and now you come back after I have found someone who wants to go out with me?" All the warmth in my heart had melted, if not alcohol this was at least jealousy or betrayal speaking.

He bites his lip and nods. He runs his hands through his hair and I I shuffle uncomfortably on my feet.

"Have you moved on, Alia?" He asks, solemnly, not smiling, but defeated.

"I don't even know if we were ever in the space for me to move on from you, Harry. Everything you said, you did today, you need to forget it. You are getting married, whether you like it or not because if I say yes to this, I will be doing what Maya and you did to me and I am really sorry but that's just not me."

+

I don't know for how long I cried, but by the time I was done my eyes were swollen, my nose red and my cheeks stained. I wanted to talk to someone, anyone.

The first person who came to my mind was Zain; it was almost six in the morning, so he would be awake.

I go over there and I knock on the door. He opens after a short time and from annoyed,his expression changes to utmost concern.

"Hey, can we talk?" I ask in a hoarse voice.

"Yeah, though you've woken up a very annoyed Louis." He says in an attempt to make me laugh. Jas was out of town and he said he was too scared to sleep alone in a big apartment.

"Who is- Alia, are you okay? You look like you just ran through a hurricane." He says, laughing, but stops when he sees Zain's deathly expression.

"What happened?" Zain questions strictly, he was all business, it felt like he was stressed too.

"Harry came over right now, he said he loved me and then he kissed me, and then he punched a wall, and then he walked out, and I just don't know what to do." I say, sitting down on his sofa which was strewn with a messy blanket and a pillow, Louis' bed.

"That guy is going to have it, who does he think he is?" Louis says, looking at me dumbstruck.

"He's difficult." I say sighing.

"Damn right he is... what a..." Zain butts in and says," Do you?"

"Do I what?" I question, knowing all too well what he meant.

"Do you love him?" He asks.

"Love is a very strong word..." Zain's expression is lethal by now.

"Yeah I do." I say finally.

"Then what's the problem?" He questions, walking towards his bedroom.

"Unless you didn't know mate, she is planning his wedding." Louis says, annoyed at Zain.

"Just call it off." He shrugs and walks away.

I burst after this and took out all my bottled anger at him. He ripped the fine line between weird and insane I had drawn.

"Just because I am the wedding planner doesn't mean I can call off the wedding as and when I feel like it. What is wrong with you? Did Perrie say something to you, or are you just pissed that I am trying here? I come to you because I know you've been through enough to give me good advice. If you have something to say then say it... don't you dare bottle it in." I snap at him. He looks at me with wide eyes and then walks away, more pissed.

I jump of the edge of the cliff of insane and plunge into the sea of mad. I punch the wall repeatedly as Louis tries to pull me away, but I fight against him and keep punching till I can feel my knuckle throbbing. There is blood all over my palms and my knuckles are split. But I imagine the wall as Harry as he tries to take apart every sane bit of me

I start to believe that Harry is a disease, an epidemic. He ruined me, completely and I forgive him because in the end I ruined him too.

We ruin things, but we ruin things together. I keep punching till I stop and slide down the wall and look at Louis and Zain who had a scratch down his arm.

"You need to start Martial Arts; you'd be as good as Bruce Lee, Alia." Louis says, and joins me on the floor as I cried tears I thought I had run out off.

A/N

I think this story is going to end in like the next four chapters.

It's pretty close to the end.