Weddings and Heartbreakers

People started streaming into the church at around two thirty, leaving me with around thirty minutes to smile at all of the unfamiliar relatives and guests. But for once I liked how everything had turned out and was confident about it. The afternoon was brighter than what I had expected it and the sun bore down on us. The two clock sun was relentless and it showed no mercy. There was a slight humid breeze blowing and calming our tense bodies and preventing our bodies from sticking to the uncomfortable material of the dress.

Speaking of my dress, I realized after I put it on that it wasn't as atrocious as I had thought it would be. The material wasn't thick or thin but much like cotton, light weight. It had like a netted appeal to it and had golden branch like embroidery weaving its way towards my waist. It was a sheer till a disturbing distance and I had to keep straightening it in fear of it slipping below my boobs and revealing everything. I find it highly disturbing that my entire family may seem them.

"How do you survive this bloody heat?" Perrie asks, fanning herself with the guest list as we stood outside the church doors waiting for the said people to arrive. She was leaning on one of her foot, positioned on dangerously high heels, as she rocked a black mini dress. Her blonde, almost white hair was unfastened around her shoulders and moved in the direction of the breeze giving her a wild look.

"I don't, I just complain about it." I say, folding my hands over my chest trying my best not to appear uncomfortable standing in front if a gorgeous lady. My floor length dress made me look like a nun compared to Perrie.

"You like fine, Al." She says, patting my head, I swat it away and glare at her.

"That chick from the salon took a whole lot of money from me so you better not spoil my waves." I say, giving my hair a nice look in the front camera of my phone as I patted the strands into place.

"That is the most girlish I have ever seen you." She says amusement glinting in her blue eyes.

"Oh please, you do know this is all for one day." I say in a cynical manner. I am not girlish; I am just not that into stuff that most girls my age are like make up and stuff. In fact I am pretty sure I look like a Mrs. Frankenstein in a dress.

"Aw...you went through so much trouble just for Jasmine's special day?" She asks putting her hand against her heart in a manner to aggravate me more.

"Yes." I say through clenched teeth.

Just in that moment the second car of guests drove in. My various aunts and uncles poured out. You see only we were the rich ones in our family everyone else was pretty much normal income people. They made their way towards us and Aunt Margaret, or Margi, as we had grown to call her, came in first and made her way directly towards Perrie.

"Oh Alia, you have grown so pretty," She said touching Perrie's face and then continuing," But you are so thin, isn't mummy feeding you at all," She said patting Perrie's stomach then continuing," And my, your hair, does daddy know about this?" She asks shaking up all of Perrie's hair. Did I mention that Aunt Margi has the poorest vision of all times?

"Um..." Perrie said unsure of how to move away from the weird lady, thankfully, I came to her rescue and said," Aunt Margi, I am Alia." I said, softly holding her hand and guiding her towards the interior of the church.

"Oh dear, who was that then?" She asks mildly shocked at her embarrassing behavior.

"That was Perrie; she is my partner at work and also my really good friend." I say, finding her a seat in the front rows and helping her sit down.

"Oh Lord, my vision, it makes me do embarrassing things like these. Apologize to the poor young lady for me, will ya'?" She asks with her thick southern accent and instantly making me smile.