New Beginnings and New People

My breathing was heavy, my breath coming out in a ragged manner. I turned away from my phone, leaning onto the headboard and try to think of the happy thoughts. I tried so hard, and in all reality all I needed was some music but I would have to look at his darned face to do that, his face being on the lockscreen.

"Yeah, not always, but sometimes..." I hear Zain's voice in the hallway and then Perrie retorting with a giggle. I hear the door unlock and they walk in. Their eyes turn towards me and Zain's eyes widen in shock.

"Alia," He exclaims before running towards me and sitting down on the bed next to me. The tears were constant, wetting my cheeks and leaving them feeling sticky and salty. I look at him, probably with red eyes and he immediately consoles me whilst rubbing his hands up and down my back. He says that it will be fine, then instructs Perrie to get me water, and then mumbles how everything was going to be okay.

But no one understood that it won't. As hard as I would try to forget him, there was something within me that would remind me of him. In such a short time he had become a part of my very character, leaving me conflicted with my spirit. I never wanted to be this person willingly, the ever crying, pathetic ex-girlfriend.

"Alia," Perrie says, sitting down on her knees in front of me. She places the glass on the bed side table and puts her hands on my knees and says," Maybe you loved him, or at least you thought you loved him. But he didn't love you back and sometimes you have to be okay with it."

I stiffen at her words. Did he actually not like me at all?

"I hadn't realized till now that maybe I loved him more than he loved me. It's like falling in free fall expecting they'll catch but they are still holding onto their parachute and when you hit the ground, it does break every bone in your body. It hurts, and I can't make it stop." I say, with the little bit of voice I had left. His memories, though sometimes hit me like waves, today were hitting me like an entire tsunami,Ed Sheeran was right; missing people does hit you like a tsunami.

"Al, sometimes we fall in love with someone we can't have. It's human psychology, you are attracted to the person who doesn't seem to like you or you know you will never like. It's supposed to hurt and maybe you will never get used to it but love, you have to be okay if you hear his name. You have to be strong." He says, his voice was crisp but his message softened the blow.

"You don't understand. I don't think I can move on Zain." I say, leaning into him, to which Perrie looks at him worriedly.

"Someday, not tomorrow, maybe after a week or after two months or maybe six, you will realize that turning the page is the best thing you can do and then you'll know that there is more to the book than the page you were stuck on." He replies, resting his head on my shoulder and kissing my forehead. He is such a softie, didn't I tell you'll. As much of an asshole he tries to be, the truth is that he is most caring and amazing person I have ever met.

"He was an idiot; in fact worse, it's just that I don't want to cuss, but he is missing out." She says, looking at me cautiously waiting to see my reaction but I don't have one. I just simply ask them to give some space and I walk out onto the hallway. See, even when I am depressed I am clumsy, so on my way out I don't perceive the big, brown, moving box kept right in front of the door.

So, like always, I trip right over, crashing into something rather hard along the way. I hear a faint gasp and then a loud thud. When I open my eyes, I find a muscular boy, with swiped back brown hair, who was rubbing his right side. I realize that he had crashed into the door knob along the way. That must have hurt.

"I am terribly sorry, I should look where I am walking, it's just that I get carried away into my thoughts sometimes and don't look where I am headed too. I am terribly sorry. The door handle must have hurt." I ramble, as I scurry onto my feet.

"It's nothing really, just a little bruise I am sure. Plus I need to be manlier for I did crash into a young lady." He says, grinning as he hurries to pick up his groceries, which he must have been carrying. I instantly liked him.

"Do you need help to pick up your groceries?" I ask, unsure of what to do while he ran around the hallways chasing an orange.

"I know it's not very chivalrous but your help is really needed." He mutters, as he finally catches the orange and then an apple. He is a healthy eater because I can only see fruits around the hallway which is rather contrary to what I usually eat.

"You are really healthy." I say to him, as I pick up a pack of soya milk and then a carton of eggs, which luckily have not broken.

"Nothing of that sort, I am just carrying the basic amenities back to my apartment, because my roommate has been living of pizza for the last week and I am officially sick of the smell of pepperoni." He says, making a revolted face just at the recollection.
I laugh out at his reaction, despite the growing knot in my chest. I hated the feeling. It felt like someone was clogging up my trachea.
"You seem knew around here, no one I know is so nice." He says, leaning against the wall but hesitating as his right side throbs again.
"And you seem very charming for someone living here, but to answer your question, yes, I just moved in." I reply, nodding and looking at his black eyes, at least they seemed black.

"Thank you for the compliment. Do you want me to get you acquainted with this shack?" He asks while gesturing all around him.

"I would love that, thank you." I say, before I over analyse this entire situation. I have to stop thinking about Harry and how this is wrong on my part because clearly we are not going to be seeing each other again. We make a quick stop at his apartment as he dumps, literally, the grocery bags on the kitchen counter and walks out saying that the smell of the pizza was making his nauseous.
I follow him as I climb up the stairs and I am so muddled up in my thoughts that I don't realise that he had asked me a question.

"I am sorry," I apologise and then ask him to repeat his statement.

"Are you okay?" He asks, as we near a small white door at the top of the flight.

"I guess, I don't really know." I mumble as we reach the door.

"Is this where you bury your victims?" I ask pointing at the door, with a slight smile.

"Not really, its the terrace of the apartment building. Its not much but it's a neat place to sort out your life problems." He says, throwing the door open after a couple of futile attempts.
As he opens the door I am standing on a white marbled terrace with a small boundary running along the periphery. There are potted plants here and there along with a small bench right in from of a spectacular view of the sea. I never realised how close we were to the coast now.
The sea was dark, compared to its usual bright nature, much like me right now.
Who knew that this morning when I woke up I would go to sleep in a new bed with a roommate and no Harry.
One thing I have learnt from life, expect the unexpected.
Suddenly I realise I have only a week to give in my Uni essays, gladly I have something to write about now.
(A:N-
Hey minions.
Don't judge that was the only name suggested.
Anyways the support that I have been getting lately is very touching. I feel happy that I can impart some feels to this tiny group of people who read my STORY.
4•7 K and counting guys, I am so pleased with myself and at you guys for being my pillar of support.
Too serious for my taste, now to summarise the feels I felt while writing this, don't ask. I was at the edge of my seat.
If you didn't quite figure out I am more of Zayn and Calum girl, according to what I have been told. But I love each member equally.
So I was very emotional while writing the scene between Al and Zain.
Anyways, have you seen Ariana Grande's One Last Time video, if yes, explain it to me because it made 0% sense in my head.
All right.
So my joke time.
Singing in the shower is fine till you get shampoo in your mouth, the. It turns into a
SOAP OPERA
*doubles over with laughter at own joke*
*looks desperately at friend to see if they are laughing*
*realises they have run away leaving a bit behind saying they are scared of me*)