Curly And Foxy

"He came here?" Perrie asks in shock as we all eat dinner. Everyone had arrived and I was absolutely gutted by what had happened.
"Yeah." Louis says. Perrie looks at me in utter disbelief.
"Okay, Al, don't get mad. He came to the office as well and well, I thought that you'd want to get over him and you know..."She jumbles her words together as I look at her, waiting for an explanation.
"What did you do Perrie?" I ask angrily.
Everyone looks at me, waiting for me to explode or disintegrate like I was hoping wouldn't happen.
"I agreed." She says softly.
I stopped the fork mid-air. The pasta falling away with my fork. A huge sound reverberated as the fork clanged with glass plate.I scrape my chair against the ground and get up.
"I'll be outside." I say rushing out of the dining hall and into the corridor and running up to the terrace.
This isn't happening. This can't be happening.
I can't do this. I can't face him and tell him that I am planning a wedding, his wedding.
"Hey." Someone says from behind me. I turn to find Perrie walking nimbly towards me.
"Sorry I made a scene like that. Sometimes I can be overly dramatic." I say, leaning against the railing.
"I get it. I mean you get to be overly dramatic. I shouldn't have taken such a big step without your knowledge." She says, coming and standing beside me.
"The thing is I don't even think I am upset at you in particular. I am just upset." I confide. In all honesty my anger should only be directed at the cause, Harry, but here I was angry at every minuscule thing.
"Harry is getting married, for real, I think you're supposed to be upset, angry and hurt. it's completely reasonable." She says, smiling as she looked at me laugh.
"I love him Perrie. And there is no damn way I can plan his marriage without destroying myself first." I say, collapsing, and sitting down on the ground. Admist the humid air an complete silence except for the occasional whirring of the car engine, it felt good to finally say something I meant and have someone here it, the humid air felt chilly and goose bumps arose in my arms.
"You need to get over him and in my opinion, planning his wedding will be the only way you'll realise he has moved on." She says and I find myself silently agreeing.
-
I drove towards the entrance of the mall and parked in an empty space. Today was the day I had a meeting with Maya and Harry so I thought I should atleast look good for it.
I walk towards the first store I see and it turns out to be TopShop. I hear upbeat music playing as I walk in and browse through the many options. I sing along as one of my favourite songs come on.
I was half way through it when I hear someone say,"I never knew you could sing like that." I turn in the direction of the voice and find Harry standing with a pile of clothes in his hands.
They were mostly black and white but I saw the occasional blue and red.
"What are you doing here?" I ask gulping my nervousness and putting a hint of confidence and coldness in my voice. I wasn't letting him in this easily.
"Shopping, evidently, and to what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here?" He asks, curt and simple.
"I thought I should look good when I see Maya today." I say honestly and walk away.
"Alia," he says as he tugs at my elbow. I turn around to face him and see that he was angry now. He was angry, how ironic.
"What?" I spit.
"I... I don't like this side of you. You're cold and curt and it's like you hate me." He says, hurt and agitation blazing his green eyes, turning my stomach over.
Can't he see that I don't hate him?
Maybe I should let him believe that I hate him only then I can move on.
"I don't hate you." I speak involuntarily before I can say anything substantial.
"You don't? Then you have a rather good way of showing that." He replies, following me as I walk aisle after aisle. It felt like the first time we'd gone shopping together.
"You asked me to forget you. Tell me how I should do that when you keep asking me such butterfly inducing questions?" I ask him, my eyebrows raised and my lips in a straight line.
"Look, that was a long time ago, and clearly you haven't forgotten me. So we both have things we need to work on. Me, to give better instructions and you to follow them." He says, removing a rather odd top for me.
"What is that?" I ask pointing at the black top which was sheer and had cool studs on the collar. It looked cool when I thought about it.
"It's what Maya wears all the time. I thought it must be a girl thing." He says putting it back.
"It doesn't suit me." I say and walk towards the more appropriate sections.
"I beg to differ." Harry says, coming and standing in front of me.
"Harry," it felt awfully good to say his name," haven't you fully grasped the concept of clothes looking only good on mannequins?" I ask.
"You're stupid." He says shortly and walks towards the billing line.
"Well, I need to leave, I have to pick Maya and up and go see this obnoxious wedding planner that is awfully entertaining." He says, grinning and walking away. But from the corner of my eye I see him pick up the black top he was admiring earlier and walk towards the billing line.
It's for Maya.
It had to be.
--
"So what do you have in mind? Anything particular you want me to work on?" Perrie asks Maya as we sit in front of the couple.
"I was looking for something classic and simple. I wanted rose gold and black maybe." She says, just as excited as I was upset.
"That's a good colour scheme but I don't think we'll be able to do a lot with them." I say, thinking of ally he possibilities.
"Maybe black and gold or white and gold?" She asks.
"Yeah that sound good, white and gold." I say to her and jot down the necessary details. I give her a set of numbers for the caterer, florists, the cake makers, the band, camera crew and the electric company. They were all included in the package and couldn't really be changed as they were in our signed contract.
So Liam and Niall had a job with our company for at least three years.
We talked about the number of people and invitations and before we knew it it was over.
I sat back in my chair and let out a sigh as Perrie walked out Maya and Harry. I hear a knock and see Harry standing against the door frame.
"I forgot my phone."He says. I nod and he walks in.
"Maya is really nice." I say with all honesty. She was and that made it even more difficult to grasp.
"Hmm.." He says still looking at his hands.
"I like your hair." He finally says. It was now a lighter streaks of brown in them, which I got today. It looked good in the short wavy mess of it.
"I like yours too." I say referring to his long curly brown hair which suited his sharp features. He looked like a prince.
"Did you cut it?" He asks stupidly.
"No, it's autumn, my hair is shedding." I reply mockingly.
He laughs, an actual laugh and I couldn't help but stare at him.
"You haven't lost it, foxy."
I stop as I hear him say it. Foxy brought back so many memories.
"I'll always have it, curly."
~~
I think this is my favourite chapter, my new favourite chapter.
What do you think about Zayn's green hair?
Luke in a skirt?
A turtle in a bikini?
I am rather random.
Bear with me.
Goal is
20 reads 5 votes 7 comments.