Surprise birthday and tickets

Chapter 16

"Why would you do it? I don't believe it, even after I called you an outcast and everything?" Jas asks incredulously. Some part of me doesn't believe it either, some part of me doesn't believe why I would do something like this.

"I don't even know, maybe I just like the thrill." I say softly because I think I could scream if I even tried to speak louder. I have been like this since I left the mall, flustered and frustrated. Taylor was in the corner busy picking her nails and when I say these words a sad smile makes its way across her slender face.

"O my God!" She says excitedly, and she jumps up and down as if the carpet was on fire. She hugs me so tightly, I even hug her back. She really is into this entire sister stuff.

"Yeah I know right." I say trying to muster every bit of excitement into my sentence.

"Louis?" Jas asks, she turns around to face him and then continues," I...You look nice...I have missed you." Her cheeks show her embarrassment and Louis too turns the same red.

"I have missed you too." He says nicely, smiling with warmth.

"Okay, I am going to go now." I say, grabbing Taylor's wrist and beginning to pull her away or else she'd stand there gawking,

"Wear something nice tonight; we are going to go out." Jas says, not taking her eyes of Louis.

"Why? I'd rather spend all my free time at home, reading!"I exclaim but obviously she doesn't take notice of me, she is with Louis, probably in her imaginary world.

"Ugh! I really don't want to go out tonight."I complain to Taylor.

"Why not?" She asks.

"Just because I am tired, after coming back from India I haven't had one spare moment. I have been running around preparing for the wedding and I have a four months to finish my Uni essay." I say while opening my bedroom door and walking in.

I find Zain sitting on my bed, exactly where I left him.

"You are finally back; you know I have been waiting her forever." He says angrily.

"I am sorry, I didn't mean to..it's just that I met Louis and I agreed to help them." I say hysterically.

"Um..." Zain says, unsure of something, I follow the direction in which he is looking and my eyes settle on Taylor, who was typing into her phone.

"It's okay, she knows." I say unceremoniously.

"What?!" Zain asks, panic written all over his face.

"Calm down okay, she isn't going to tell anyone, I mean she'd have to tell her friends, but gladly I am the only one." I say heedlessly.

"As hurting as that is," Taylor starts, by shooting me a glare," It is true." She finishes in an informal way.

"Whatever, but you do know we are going out right? So be ready by seven." He says, getting up, crossing my room in jiffy and slamming the door.

"Look, I gotta go, see you later." Taylor says, and she too is gone.

"Ugh." I complain, I had half an hour to get ready and I knew I was going to take a lot longer.

-

"I have no clothes!" I exclaim for the twentieth time. I had rummaged through my closet seventeen times, each time coming up with a more hideous outfit than the previous one.

"Ma'am." I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in Caspar." I say, fumbling with the pile of clothes on my bed.