Annoying Louis and Klutzophrenia

“Are you okay; you seem to have just seen a zombie?” Harry asks undoubtedly disturbed by my sudden halt in breathing. What could have possibly happened now?

“Yeah, just mum texting me, reminding me that I still have to check up on the florists.” I tell stories. There is nothing more than wanting to tell him the truth about the entire elopement plan of Jas and Louis.

“Are you sure, like I told you before, you aren’t very good at lying.” He asks again, seeming to be genuinely concerned about my current panicked state.

I close my eyes for a second and calm my heartbeat. I open my eyes and say as self-assuredly as possible,” I am fine Harry, just in need of some ice- cream.”

“That came out of nowhere,” He says smiling, believing all the falsehoods I had just spoken.

“But I will get it for you, which flavor would you like?” He asks.

“I’d like plain chocolate, thank you.” I mutter, sitting down on the nearest bench. I really needed to catch my breath and Harry hovering over me was not helping.

“Two scoops of ice cream coming up.” He says and walks in the direction of the ice cream shop, which I remember was in the center of the park.

When I know her is a safe distance away, I call Louis and wait for him to pick up the phone.

“Oh thank God you called. I don’t what I would have done if you hadn’t.” He says, visibly heaving a sigh of relief.

“What happened, you sound really worried.” I ask, leaning against the back rest of the bench. I push Harry further away, in some dusty corner of my brain, for the conversation. I hated snooping around like this, it wasn’t me.

“Yeah, I am worried. Jas has gone bonkers. She called me right now and was screaming at me as to how she can’t run away from the something she should bravely face. I don’t even know what she meant.” He answers back. Oh, that’s it.

“It’s nothing, just pre-wedding blues.” I say. It was true; Jas had been going crazy lately. I once found her pacing around her room looking at her phone. When I asked her what happened she told me she was waiting for Louis’ reply to a rather long text she had sent. Upon investigating I found out she had never pressed send.

“No, she continued to say that she wasn’t going to run away with me, but simply deny when asked if she wanted to marry Nick at the altar.” He says with a little bit of annoyance coating his voice, probably because I was taking this situation way too lightly.

“What?” I almost scream.

“That wasn’t the plan. The plan was relatively simple.” I continue.

“Well, I know that, you know that, Jas’ crazy, hyperventilating mind doesn’t know that.” He retorts with a sassy hint to his tone.

“Is she mad? The people are going to go mental. And she expects this plan is going to go smoother than what we had originally planned?” I ask shocked to my bones, my sister was impossible.

The original plan was simple: escape from the window before the ceremony even begins.

This plan was just stupid.

“Alia, I’d rather follow this one too.” He says confidently.

What is wrong with these people?
“What?” I say for the second time in a five minute conversation.

“It just seems more appropriate.” He says casually as if absconding was his every day commerce.

“Forget it, you guys figure this one out by yourself. I don’t even know what to say to you.” I confess. It was true this plan was not going to work. I knew for a fact that Jas was going to chicken out at the last second where I will have to think of an impromptu plan.