Sunrises And Stalkers

I was relieved after I finished making the speech, maybe even proud. But I was too anesthetized to talk to anyone. I just stared straight ahead and walked towards the Café, where I was supposed to meet Jasmine and Louis. They were the only ones who didn’t have a job yet. Even Arjun had gone job scouting today, I guess everyone was ready to move on, except me.

I was in the process of plugging in my headphones when I heard my name being called. In response to this I turned to be met with a clearly distraught Harry, fumbling his way towards me, through the mass of students. I wanted to turn around but the sight of him had me frozen in the same place.

He finally reached to the spot where I was rooted and I looked into his green eyes, rimmed with red. I saw his lips moving, and only then I realized he was talking.

“…any of my calls and I was worried. Is everything…okay? He cautiously asks. I look at him blankly, not knowing what to say or even think. He was angry at me too, what happened to that? His cheek was bruised where Ar’s fist had connected with it.

“My phone isn’t working.” I say, turn around and start walking. I don’t know what to say to him and I am to phased by the fact that he actually came here.

“Alia, I just, please, I can’t go on much without you.” He says, and I stop and turn around.

How could something so simple make my heart ache so much?

“Harry, I am trying to forget you, like you said, I just don’t think what we did to each other was correct.” I say, as I look at his heavenly eyes and try to keep my breathing even.

“I know how much Jasmine loves Louis, and how she didn’t adore for my brother. I wouldn’t be happy with someone who I didn’t love as well.” He says, his eyes trained on me and not budging one bit. I adjust the strap of my sling and look at the ground, wet with the freshly fallen rain.

“Harry, you cheated on me and no matter what, we’ll never find our prior relationship because so much has changed since then.” I say, not letting any tear escape, keeping my eyes trained on his Converse.

“Just read this letter, it’ll explain everything I want to say.” He says, pulling out an envelope and handing it to me. I reach out to take it, but my hand goes through it. I try again and look confusedly at Harry, who is grinning wickedly.

“You thought I actually came back for you?” He asks his voice deep and unknown to me. I nod the tears now constant.

I am flung into blackness suddenly, his green eyes revolving around me and all of our memories slipping through my fingers.

Suddenly I jerk awake and find myself covered in sweat. I check my surroundings and find myself in Zain’s room. I see him sleeping on the couch, his back turned to me. I sit up and look out of the window and see that the inky blue has almost faded to orange and the stars are shimmering bleakly.

This nightmare has been haunting, torturing me for eight days now. Much has changed since then. For instance, Perrie and Zayn made up and broke up, Louis and Jas both found a job, so did Ar, Will topped his class. I, on the other hand, had decided to start a business with Perrie.

I couldn’t sit in the bed anymore and sleep would obviously not come, so the only option left was the terrace. Liam and I had been going there daily.

I trudge slowly towards the top of our building and find it already occupied.

“Niall?” I question at the mop of blonde hair, filming the sun rise.

He jerks his head towards me and smiles as he recognizes me.

“Hello again clumsy girl with the jealous boyfriend.” He replies, turning towards his camera. For a moment I stand there confused, wondering who was the jealous boyfriend but then realize he was talking about Harry.

“What are you doing here?” I question, changing the topic before my head conjures up memories of Harry and I.

“Well, isn’t it obvious, I am stalking you?” He says, straightforwardly. I look at his back for a moment and then smile a bit.

“I bet that’s why you dragged a camera along.” I say to him, as I sit down on my usual bench.

He smiles then looks up from the camera and says,” So are you stalking me as well?”

“No, I live here.” I say, looking at the orange orb rising from behind the buildings.

“Are you kidding?” He suddenly exclaims.

“No.” I say, scrounging my eyebrows in confusion.

“I live here too.” He says, joining me at the bench.

“Who would have guessed?” I exclaim with surprise as I look at him to which he grins.

I continue, “What’s your flat number? Maybe I can visit.”

“24-B” He says simply after a moment.

“Wait, are you Liam’s roommate?” I ask. I do remember him mentioning his flat number once or twice and if my memory hasn’t failed me then it was 24-B.

“Yeah, how do you know him?” He asks, stunned.

“We became friends when I first moved here.” I say, shrugging.

“It is a small world.” He says, getting up to pack his equipment.

“Won’t your boyfriend kill you for talking to me, or something?” He asks, folding up his tripod.

“He wasn’t ever my boyfriend, plus we kind of fell apart.” I say, fumbling with my fingers.

“I know, the newspaper said so too.” He says, referring to the pictures that the paparazzi had clicked of Harry and me.

“Yeah…” I say awkwardly.

“I am sorry about that idiot but I think you deserve better.” He says, patting my shoulder then walking away.

In my mind I think, and I learned ‘you deserved better’ was sometimes a synonym for ‘I don’t want to hurt you, and I want you to be happy but I don’t love you anymore.

+

A/N:

Hi guys. I am sorry for the awfully late update but there has been so much going and I just found it very difficult to write. So Zayn left One Direction and apparently is writing a new album with Naught Boy. Honestly I hate a lot of things, like Fifth Harmony and haters but I don’t even know what to think of Naughty Boy. A couple of weeks before One Direction broke up he had said that OneD wasn’t allowing Zayn to do his best which infuriated me. I think part of the reason he left OneD could also be the constant instigation by that jerk. I don’t mean to hate anyone but it really bothers me when people do this to perfectly happy groups. Also I was told that Zayn would have had to tell management about his leave 3 months prior. And he had not been happy about this for a while now and he only stuck around for the fans which I found very moving. He doesn’t deserve so much of hate.

My heart is more broken than Alia’s right now and that’s saying something.

 I hope he joins the boyband again but if he doesn’t I will still support each and every one of them because that’s just what families do for each other.

Signing out

k