Year 1 ~ Chapter 1

Melissa snape and the philosopher stone:

A mind of wonders:

611 words

Melissa's POV

A witch at the age of 11 called Melissa snape, she had black hair just like her father. She was indeed very beautiful. Her skin was tanned a little and the colour of he eyes were hazel. Her hair was straight yet with a little wave that defined her as unique. Her life outside her house was a blur.. Melissa didn't know much about her own family. Melissa did not know her mother, severus always said that her mother was no where to be seen and that he would tell her when she was older. Melissa gathered that the story was too excruciating for her father to tell and she was too young to understand. Despite her being one of the brightest child there was. Like her father, potions was a talent that she was gifted. She already knew many spells that first years would not know as her father taught her well. She was a quick learner and that's why it was so easy to connect with her father. They had a bond that was stronger than all three unforgivable curses.

She was sat in her bedroom reading; a book about hogwarts as she knew that this year was the year she was allowed to attend hogwarts. Her excitement couldn't be contained, she was truly delighted, it meant that she got to spend more time with her dad - severus snape. She wanted to learn how he taught students and what he was like towards them. Little did she know, he wasn't the most understanding professor at hogwarts. As she was on page 394, her dad walked into her room. He looked at her and smiled "your hogwarts letter came, i thought you might liked to have opened it yourself." Her face lit up with a huge smile and she gently grabbed the letter from her fathers fingertips. He chuckled as he saw her excitement towards the letter; she opened it rather forcefully and started reading. Her eyes scanning through every line, after she was done she looked up at her father. "Dad, we need supplies. I guess this year is the year i finally get to go to diagon alley. I wonder what it looks like." Snape just chuckled at his daughters reaction. She was beaming of joy and couldn't be more happier. He also had been waiting for this day to come. He couldn't wait to show her the world of magic, his world and now soon to be hers. "Melissa, we can go now if you'd like?" he smiled and asked. "Is that even a question?! Yes of course, i can't wait! Let's go now!" Severus nodded and exited the room with his daughter following behind him. They decided to travel by floo powder as it was a safe option. She was too young to apparate..

When they arrived at diagon alley, Melissa was amazed by the beauty of the shops. The unique touch it had, she was truly in paradise. Her father turned to her and opened his mouth to say something. "I have to get some money from the bank, you can look around as i can see the excitement in your eyes. I will meet you in 20 minutes." The girl just nodded "thank you dad." Severus smiled and walked off to the bank, Melissa was the only thing that made severus smile. She was the light in his dark tunnel, their father daughter love was unbreakable. Melissa trusted her father with everything, she never doubted his judgment. She always thought that he was always correct. Will that all change once she starts hogwarts?..