Forty-Five: Fine!

February 23rd, 2011
8:50 am
The Office of BAU Press Liason Elizabeth Doyle
Quantico, Virginia

"You don't get it, Clyde, he knows where I live," Eliza gasped into the phone. "He's been watching me. Twice now I've seen Liam on my street staring at the door to my apartment building. He left me flowers on Christmas, sent me a letter on my birthday. He's been calling me, texting me. He'd gonna do it again." She thought back to her birthday which had been almost two months ago. Out of precaution, she'd been "sick" the thirty-first, when Garcia threw her a party. January first, her birthday, she went to dinner with Reid, Kai, and Kenzie, only to find a letter sitting on her doormat when she came home. The letter informed Eliza that her father was looking forward to seeing her soon, so they could celebrate her birthday in person. She'd shredded the letter before Reid arrived at her house to stay for the night.

"Eliza, you're going to be fine," Clyde reassured her.

"I'm not going to be fine!" Eliza cried. "He's planning something Clyde, I just know he is. I can feel it. It's not going to end well."

"He wouldn't go after you. He'd go after the team that rescued you, and their files have all been redacted. There's no possible way he can get access to them."

"Are you sure about that? Because two days ago the files of Clyde Easter, Tsia Mosely, Sean McAllister, and Jeremy Wolff were under the mat on my doorstep."

"How could you not tell me about this?" Clyde yelled. "And how could he possibly get the files on the entire team the took him down?"

"I don't know!" Eliza cried. "I just...I don't know." She paused to take a breath. "Clyde what if he knows I'm the reason he was arrested in 2001."

"How could he possibly know that?" Clyde scoffed.

"The same fucking way he broke out of prison in Russia! He knows everything."

"Eliza, it doesn't make sense. Why would he threaten you? You present no threat to him."

"I do," she said quietly remembering the events at Declan's wedding. "He said some members of his organization turned against him whilst he was in prison. If they know about me and Declan, they can make him do anything."

"In 2001, it was only him and Liam who took you. According to our intel, only Ian, Liam, Chloe, and Lauren know about you and Declan."

"Did you know Lauren? I assume we're talking about Lauren Renyolds," Eliza said.

"I did. Why do you ask?" Eliza knew the exact face Clyde was making at the moment.

"I know Clyde."

"Know what?" Eliza rolled her eyes.

"I know Chloe Donaghy isn't my mother," Eliza said shyly. "Lauren Reynolds is."

"How did you find that out?" Clyde pressed.

"My father."

"Christ! He's the worst you know. You were never supposed to find out," Clyde informed her.

"Why not?" Eliza asked angrily.

"Because I knew you'd look into her. I knew you would find out as much as you could about her, and then be hurt when you found out she was gone. When you found out that it was your father who killed her," Clyde revealed. Eliza bit her lip attempting to fight back tears.

"I uh-I figured that was what happened." She swallowed hard. "My other line is ringing. I've got to go."

"Alright." Clyde almost hung up, but something stopped him. "Remember, your team isn't under oath. They don't have the proper clearance and they can't know anything."