Twenty-Five; Message From Her

July 19th, 2010
9:24 am
Quiet Hills Park
Annapolis, Maryland

Eliza and Morgan exited the car, entering the park. More men in hazmat suits moved around the park, taking samples of practically everything. A man approached the two, his mask off.

"What are you telling people about why the park is closed?" Eliza asked when the man met them. She was more worried about the cover story than Morgan was.

"Methane buildup in the sewage system," he replied.

"And they believe it?" asked Eliza, though she didn't really need to ask. A lot of people believed almost everything they were told. "Oh, well, yeah, why wouldn't they?"

"Hot zone and all the surrounding areas have been neutralized. You're safe here."

"Huh. Are you sure?" Eliza raised an eyebrow. Morgan shook his head at her questions.

"Yes, ma'am." The man nodded his head.

"Thank you," Morgan interrupted, preventing Eliza from asking any more questions. The hazmat man walked away, leaving the two alone. Morgan began strolling, Eliza following him. "Okay, check it out. High levels tested over there."

"That's probably where the unsub released the attack," Eliza concluded. Morgan nodded proudly.

"And there was a prevailing wind out of the northeast yesterday." Morgan pointed in the northeast direction. "Airborn sports scattered that way, hitting every below him."

"This park doesn't scream 'target' to me," Eliza said.

"Terrorists usually target symbols - White House, Pentagon, World Trade Center. I mean, it's a nice park but it's not a symbol."

"Okay, so maybe it's symbolic to the unsub?" Eliza asked hesitantly. Again Morgan nodded, proud of her ability to pick profiling up quickly.

"Well, we know Kaczynski sent bombs to Berkley where he taught, Michigan where he to school, and Chicago where he lived."

"And the Amerithrax suspect sent letters to two pro-choice senators whose politics he opposed."

"They can't help attaching a personal motive to the places they've targeted," Morgan said.

"So what does this place mean to the unsub?" asked Eliza. Morgan looked at her, equally as inquisitive. They walked around, investigating the crime scene for about an hour and a half when Eliza got a call from Hotch. She put it on speaker, motioning for Morgan to come over to her. "You've got Doyle and Morgan."

"I need you and Morgan to go to a book store in Baltimore," he instructed. Before she could ask why, he spoke again. "Three victims slipped into coma's back on June 8th. They all died within three hours of a suspected dosing of this strain of anthrax. One of the victims made a credit card purchase at the book store another victim owned. You'll be meeting one of General Whitworth's teams there." The two agents ran to the car and began driving.

July 19th, 2010
12:03 pm
Franks Book Shoppe
Baltimore, Maryland

Eliza watched the General's team of men investigate the book shop, her arms crossed. They were all wearing red hazmat suits and were closing the blinds on the window to prevent people from becoming suspicious or looking into the windows. Morgan was on the phone with JJ, slightly distracted from what the men were doing. Eliza, on the other hand, was observing the people around them, all living their lives with no issues.

"Alright JJ got it. Thanks." Morgan hung up the phone, walking back towards Eliza.

"Look at all these people, just going about their lives," Eliza sighed. "If only they knew what we were doing here."