36. Moving

hi guys im back.

um so how's life been. oh and happy new year guys, i hope you had a good one. 

so im still trying to get back on my feet but i just thought i would update for you guys. bc i love you all so much okay x

Mia's POV.

.

We sat in Michael's room while he texted Ruby.

"Why are you texting Ruby?" Luke asked, frowning. Michael sighed and put his phone down.

I stayed silent and tugged at my sleeve.

"Look, guys. When me and Ruby were talking that day-that was the last time I could actually have a proper conversation with her. Her parents don't exactly like me." Michael sighed again and looked down at his lap.

"Gee, I wonder why." Luke rolled his eyes. I nudged him.

"Luke." I hissed. "He's kind of upset right now. Does he have to be here?" I looked up at Michael hopefully. He just shrugged and looked at Luke.

"I just need your help. She's moving away."

I stared at him in silence. My best friend was moving away, and she didn't even tell me? I was a little ticked off at the fact that she told Michael first and not me. But still. She was my best friend, and she was moving away. The last thing she needed was me yelling at her.

"She's moving away?" Luke frowned and looked at me. "Did you-"

"No." I shook my head and stared at the wall.

He sighed and put an arm around me. "I'm sorry."

"I guess she should have told you first, not me." Michael ran a hand through his hair and sighed, looking down. "I can't lose her."

Luke clicked his tongue. "So how can we help? We can't really stop her from moving away, can we? It's not up to her."

Michael frowned. "I guess we can't."

"Why is she moving away anyway?"

"They want her to get away from me."

Luke stared at him with his mouth hanging open. "They what?"

"I know, I know. But her parents are pretty strict-and rich too. They can do whatever they want. It's not her parents-it's just Ruby. They're sending her away to live with her aunt."

"What kind of-"

"Luke." Michael sighed. "That won't do anything."

"What if we could prove to her parents that you weren't a bad guy?" I sat up straighter.

They both looked at me. "How would we do that?"

"Have you ever met her parents, Michael?"

He shook his head.

"What if you all went out to dinner or something? Then they could really get to know you. And they won't send Ruby away." I shrugged.

Michael stared at me then smiled. "Mia, you're a genius."