22. Dresses

Mia's POV.

.

It was Thursday and we only had a day before the wedding. Ruby and I went shopping, while the boys went to go get their tuxes.

"So, how's this?" Ruby picked up a long and ruffled red dress, placing it right in front of her chest.

"Uh, it's nice." I shrugged.

She sighed and put it down. "What's wrong now?"

"Nothing, it's just...would it look okay? I mean, for a wedding, not prom."

"Sorry, sassy pants."

"I'm sorry. I'm just a little nervous." I told her.

Ruby grabbed my arm and led me upstairs to the other dresses. "It's okay to be nervous. It's your boyfriend's aunt's wedding. No big deal. Look, whatever you wear, Calum won't care. As long as you show up, right?"

I nodded. "Thanks." She tilted her head curiously at a couple of dresses on the rack.

"Come on, let's try these on."

I followed her into the empty room decorated with flowers with racks of dresses around the room. A lady with long brown hair sat me down as Ruby ran into the changing room with a pile of dresses.

A couple of minutes went by, and finally, Ruby emerged out of the changing room, stepping up on to a white podium in the bright orange lights, surrounded by mirrors.

She wore a bright yellow, knee high dress with a little bit of glitter on it, holding a yellow clutch. "I think this is it."

I smiled and leaned back, nodding in approval. "Definitely."

She smiled down at the dress in the mirror and blushed slightly.

"Hey, you're blushing." I informed her.

Ruby looked up and turned away. "Oh."

"What's up?"

"Nothing. I was just..."

And then it hit me.

"You were thinking about Michael, weren't you?" I smirked.

"What? No-maybe." Ruby sighed, sitting down.

"You really like him, don't you?"

"I do...he just-he doesn't....it's hard to explain."

I gave her a sympathetic smile. "Michael really likes you too, you know that."

"Well sometimes he just doesn't show it, okay?" She chewed on her bottom lip.

"What do you mean?"

"I think he just acts like he doesn't care around other people. Like, about our relationship." Ruby shrugged.

"Why don't you just talk to him about it?" I frowned.

"I don't think he'll listen."

"You can always try?"

She thought about it for a moment before nodding and standing up. "Thanks, Mia. You always know what to say."

I nodded back and stood up myself.

"Now it's your turn."