61. The Last Night

I know the title sounds like something from Five Nights at Freddy's but trust me haha.

-

Mia's POV.

.

My last night turned out to be a really good one.

We even had a party. I know, it's not like I was moving to a different continent or anything, but Luke insisted. And it was a little party between me, him, Ruby, Michael, Calum and Ashton.

Yes, even Calum showed up. Over the past couple of days, the three boys and Calum started hanging out more, getting to know each other and also just mess around. They started getting closer, and by now, Luke loved him. Ruby, of course, made 'ship' names for them.

"So there's Lashton, Malum, Cake, Mashton, Cashton, Muke - I'm Muke as fuck-"

"Can you like, shut up about that?" Ashton groaned, flopping down on the couch.

"No! They're cute." Ruby rolled her eyes.

"All I heard was Cake." Michael muttered. "I wish there was a fucking cake."

"Hey, don't swear!" Ashton snapped at him.

"Cake is Calum and Luke." Ruby smiled proudly, holding her head up high.

Calum and Luke blushed at that and quickly inched away from each other.

"For the last time Ruby, we're not fucking gay!" Michael sighed.

"I give up!" Ashton cried, resting his face in his hands.

"Let the girl have her moment." I giggled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder.

"Yeah. Anyway, you boys haven't even tried making out with a guy, so how would you-"

"Shut up, Ruby!" Every boy in the room groaned.

She just shrugged and smiled at me. I laughed and shook my head. "You're crazy."

"Wildcat." Ruby added.

"What?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. "Haven't you seen High School Musical 2? When Troy and Gabrie-"

"Oh. Okay." I nodded and laughed. "Sorry."

Ruby was always too absorbed in her TV shows, movies, books and music. She always made a movie reference or a song reference to something that no one else could understand (well, not us at least).

"Glad to see we've moved on from the gay ship thing." Luke muttered.

"I still ship Muke." Ruby shrugged.

*

A few hours later, after watching movies and just having weird conversations and debates about peanut butter (don't ask), we all went out to the cliff side.

I know it would've made more sense to just stay in the house for my last night, but this was so much better.

As we reached the cliff side, it started getting a little breezy. Predicting this before we left, I pulled on a warm sweater and gave Ruby one as well. The boys had to borrow sweaters from Luke as well.

I took my seat next to Luke on the bench and snuggled up to his chest, staring out at the view of the city lights in front of me. He wrapped an arm around me, holding me close.

"You okay?" He whispered into my hair. I nodded my head slowly. I felt his lips on my forehead and smiled small, closing my eyes.

"I don't think I can ever get over this amazing view." Ruby sighed happily. "Seriously, you've been missing out for five years?"