24. The Wedding

Mia's POV.

.

I curled Delilah's long hair and zipped up her dark pink dress, helping her put her shoes on and placing a hairband on her.

She looked up at me and giggled. "I look like a princess. Thank you, Mia." I smiled down at her.

"You're welcome, sweetie."

Delilah gave me a small curtsey, almost tripping over herself. I giggled and kissed her forehead as she went downstairs.

I heard the front door close and looked out my window, seeing the car speed off. I sighed and looked at my dress, which was hanging on my closet door.

I pulled it on, curled my own hair and pinning it up, applying some light eyeshadow and mascara. I slipped on my silver heels and stood in front of the mirror, smoothing down my dress.

I sighed, pushing a strand of hair out of the way. I stared at my reflection before my phone buzzed. I looked at the text from Calum, asking me when I was coming. I texted back, telling him I was leaving now.

I went down and heard a car horn outside, stepping out and clutching on to my purse. I saw Ruby's sleek silver car and got in. She looked amazing while I looked weird.

"You look great, don't worry about it." Ruby told me, reading my mind. I just nodded.

"You look great too. I'm sure Michael's going to love that dress." I complimented.

She started driving and soon, we reached the church and saw crowds of people hovering around outside, talking and laughing. I swallowed hard and stepped out with Ruby.

We got a few curious looks as we kept walking and got inside. I couldn't see Luke anywhere so he must've been outside. I didn't go look for him, as I knew I would see him at the reception.

Soon, the wedding was starting as everyone took their seats and I still couldn't see Luke anywhere. I sighed and sat down next to Ruby, switching off my phone and putting it back in my purse.

The music started playing and everyone turned their heads to see Calum's aunt walking slowly down the aisle, wearing a long white dress and holding a bouquet of white roses. The audience turned back and watched her step up on to the podium and look up at the groom.

Calum saw me and smiled. I gave him a small wave and smiled back, before turning my attention back to the couple.

The priest started saying a couple of vows and asked both of them to fulfil them. They both said "I do" and kissed. The guests erupted with cheers and sobs. I smiled and clapped along with everyone else.

Luke's POV.

.

I couldn't find Mia at all and started to wonder if she even came. "Where's Mia?" Delilah looked up at me, as we sat at a table with roses and a white cloth covering it.

I checked my phone. "She'll show up. Don't worry." I knew Delilah wasn't, but I was worrying myself.

The wedding reception already started, people dancing along to the music and congratulating the newly wedded couple.

I saw Calum in the corner, laughing along with his friends. He looked better than me.

Ashton and Michael took their seats next to us. "Hey. Where are they?" Ashton asked, checking his watch.

I shrugged. "I tried texting and calling them, but they're not answering."

Michael licked his lips and frowned. "Do you think they actually came?"

"Of course they would, why wouldn't they?" Ashton told him. "I mean, it is Mia's boyfriend's aunt's wedding after all. It's important to her."

It's important to her. Right.

"Who knows? Let's just wait a little longer." I sighed.