39. Luke's Where Broken Hearts Go

im cold

bloody scotland.

hi again. im so confused like why do you people keep reading this am i not bothering you

bc i bother a lot of people.

im pretty annoying tbh.

you people confuse me like you say this fanfic is good but i know it isn't omg

ILY ALL ANYWAY THANK YOU. BC YOU PEOPLE ARE SO DAMN LOVELY AND CUTE AND AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HOW PERFECT YOU GUYS ARE. BUT YOU'RE PERFECT.

Luke's POV.

.

"He's not worth it." I whispered into Mia's hair as she cried into my shoulder. "Don't cry."

We came back from school, and when I asked Mia if she wanted anything she burst into tears. She explained what happened between Calum and her and couldn't stop crying. I tried comforting her but nothing seemed to be working.

"I thought he loved me." Mia choked out, sitting up.

I stayed silent. She ran a hand through her hair and wiped her eyes.

"We've been together for a long time...and now this. He promised he wouldn't let me go, not ever."

"I don't want to say "I told you so", but at this point I have a really bad urge to." I mumbled.

Mia just stared at me in silence. I diidn't say anything either.

"When exactly did you tell me Calum was going to break my heart, Luke?" She finally asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "I never said he was going to break your heart, I just said he wasn't a good boyfriend."

"Go ahead. Say it." She sighed.

"What? I-"

"I know you want to. Say. It."

I sighed. "I told you so."

She shrugged and rested her chin on her hands.

I looked down and fiddled with my wristbands.

"You're going to ditch me, aren't you?"

I looked up at Mia and frowned. "What?"

She rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter. Just-go ahead. Do it. I might as well live with getting my heart broken."

"Mia."

"Ditch me. Ditch me for another girl."

"Mia."

"I know I'm not much use."

"Mia." I snapped. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

She frowned. "You don't-"

"No. I don't. So tell me."

She looked down. "You're going to leave me, right?" She asked quietly. "For another girl?"

I stared at her. "Are you kidding? Who told you that?"

"Calum."

"That stupid fuck." I mumbled. "I would never do that, Mia. I promise. I'm not using you."

Mia bit her lip.

"What? Do you think I'm lying?" I frowned.

"N-no, Luke. It's not like that."

"Then what is it?"

"I..." She trailed off into silence.

"It is, isn't it? You think I'm the kind of guy who would do that sort of thing?"

She didn't say anything.

"He put that into your head, didn't he?" I moved closer to her. "Mia. Tell me."

"No, Luke!" She snapped. "Truth is, I do think you're the kind of guy who would do that. Okay? Ever since I came here, I knew it. No one told me anything. It was me. All me."

I stared at her and she sighed. We both just shut up for a while.

"Alright then." I mumbled, standing up. "If that's what you really think, who am I to tell you any different?"

I walked out of her room, slamming the door behind me.