33. Secret Conversations

Luke's POV.

.

The next day, Calum was pretty pissed at me so he didn't leave Mia's side at all.

"When are you planning on giving your girlfriend some freedom?" I remarked, smirking against the doorway as Calum dropped Mia back home after school.

He shot me a glare while Mia shot me a look that said "don't go there". I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Come on, Mia. You and I both know-"

"Shut up, Luke." She glared at me before kissing Calum goodbye and walking in. I closed the door behind her and followed her to the couch.

"So. You're still pretending to hate me, huh?"

"It's not like that. Sometimes you really do just piss me off." Mia rolled her eyes and hugged her knees.

"Well I'm sorry. What am I supposed to do? You haven't even told him yet-"

"Look, Luke. I'm already under a lot of pressure right now so it would really help if you just got off my back about it!" She snapped, turning away from me.

I frowned and took her hand. "Hey, are you okay?"

Next thing I knew, she was crying. I shook my head and pulled her into a hug, kissing her forehead lightly.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you." She sobbed.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. If you need time, that's fine with me. Don't worry about it." I kissed her forehead again and buried my face in her hair.

"Thank you, Luke." She mumbled, pulling away and wiping her eyes. "It feels so wrong, though. Cheating."

I smiled sadly and stared at the floor. "You get used to it."

Mia frowned but stayed silent, hugging me again.

"So when can I take you out on a secret date?"

*

Michael and Ruby had been spending a lot of time together, leaving Ashton and I pretty bored by ourselves.

At school, I saw Michael and Ruby standing by her locker, smiling up at each other.

"Ruby?"

"Yeah?"

I could only make out a few of the things they were saying.

"Is it-is it bad that we aren't telling them?" Michael frowned.

Ruby bit her lip. "I'm not sure. Is it?"

Not telling us what?

"It feels bad."

"Yeah."

They both stayed silent and stared at the floor.

"What if they find out?" Ruby finally asked, looking back up at Michael.

He sighed. "I don't want to think about that."

"It's not that bad, right? I mean, it's not like you got me pregnant or something."

Well that's off the list.

"Yeah."

The bell rung.

"Okay, I'll see you later." Michael smiled, leaning down and kissing her.

Ruby pulled away and smiled back up at him. "Sure."

They glanced at each other one more time before walking away.