14

Knocking on the door, I stepped back and waited.  I adjusted my purse on my shoulder, looking to my left out the small window that overlook the street.  Within a minute, I could hear voices on the other side of the door, as the turn of a lock sounded.

“Heaven forbid you get off the fucking couch and answer the door, you wanker,” Louis shouted into the flat, before turning to smile at me.  “Allo love.”

“Hello yourself,” I greeted as he stepped back and allowed me into the apartment.

Like Harry and I, SE was putting Louis, Zayn and Liam up in Manhattan apartments while working in the city. While Zayn and Liam decided to share accommodations, and did so in this same building a few floors down, Louis had the place to himself. Or at least he thought.

Stepping into the living room, I groaned loudly when met with the sight that had obviously annoyed Louis so much only moments ago.

“Niall, for Christ sake, what are you doing?” I asked, unsure of what part of the sight in front of me was most disturbing.

Niall sat on the couch, stark naked apart from his boxers. His feet were propped up on the table in front of him, his eyes glued to the TV. In one hand was a pop, the other hand buried in a bag of chips.

It wasn’t even noon yet.

“Morning, babe,” he greeted, turning away from the TV. He seemed completely unfazed by the fact I just walked in on him in his underwear.  But then again, not much really bothered Niall.

Tearing my eyes from Niall, I turned to Louis who was looking at him with annoyance, his lips pulled in a tight line.

When Niall had invited himself along on this little adventure, he obviously needed a place to stay. And since Louis was the only one staying alone, he had somehow earned himself one Irish flat crasher. Now, Louis wasn’t obsessively tidy, not by any means. But Niall was a self admitted slob, and this tended to grate on Louis’ nerves.  Over the course of the week, any time I had spoken to Louis, the majority of the conversation was about Nialls annoying habits, such as leaving bags of chips and beer bottles everywhere, stinking up the bathroom, and his tendency to do exactly what he was doing at the moment.

Sitting around damn near naked.

“So what brought you over?” Louis asked, finally turning to me.

Tearing my eyes from Niall, I cleared my throat uncomfortably. “Um. Harry was supposed to have lunch with me and some friends, but he had a meeting.” I explained, the discord in my voice evident even to me. “I was wondering if you wanted to come along?”

Louis offered me a smile. “I would love to, Aubs, but Im swamped with paperwork for all the partnerships Harry made this week.” He glanced over to the small dining table in the corner, which was currently covered in papers, folders and books.

“Oh,” I responded, disheartened.

“Im sorry, love.” Louis said, pouting his lip out to make me smile. It only half worked.