Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The forest west of Hoja City was considered open territory. The Joint Highschool teams hadn't claimed it in any way nor had the Federation force. No one stationed patrols or even sent scouts. The forest wasn't even that big, just several hundred yards of trees. Though that didn't stop a certain tank from barreling its way through.

The tank was an M1 Abrams. Fully stocked in equipment and several tons of armaments. It rolled through the trees moving in serpentine movements. a very valid decision, especially when dodging tank shells.

The Federation tanks behind the Abrams continued to launch shells at the fleeing tank in desperation to take it out. It had been several miles since the attack and yet these tanks were still following them.

Hope however began to show when a shell came from the east and hit one of the tanks behind the Abrams. The two remaining tanks stopped their pursuit and turned to face the hidden enemy. However the Abrams turned around itself and fired its own shell. the shell bounced off one of the tanks making them turn away and fleeing from the conflict.

The Abrams commander popped his head out of the tank in wonder. He was a member of the American Tankery Association, his tank crew belonged to the same. He surveyed the area in hopes of finding the tank that launched the shell that bought them time to reorganize themselves and show they would put on a fight. His eyes landed on a moving object approaching him. It was another M1 Abrams, however this Abrams insignia indicated it was one of the high school tanks.

The High School Abrams commander pocked out of his hatch and waved at the man. Once they got closer did conversation start.

"I'm Adam Miller of Uncle Sam High School. Who are you?" Adam asked.

"I'm Sergeant Gary Ramirez of the American Tankery Association M1 Abrams Viper 2-4. We're searching for you guys actually; we need help up north." Gary said.

"North? We've barely held out here in the south, whats happened up north?" Adam asked.

"That she demon, that's whats happened." Gary said.

This only confused the high schoolers. "Follow us, we'll take you to our commander." Adam said.

The drive back to Hoja City was quick. On the way the two Abrams passed a battle field and Gary saw the remains of two Mercer Karl tanks just sitting where they had been disabled. The confusion of the second Abrams arrival was very prudent on the faces of the high Schoolers in the maintenance yard. However teenagers just went back to work after a minute of staring. Passing through the building Gary took in all the that the High Schoolers had managed to do. This place looked like a professional FOB with proper defenses outside and working intelligence inside.

Once Adam and Gary reached the War Room, Gary was bewildered. He never expected to see all this put together. It was no wonder the High Schoolers were doing better than the Association forces. This was also where he met Edward Hill and Miho Nishizumi.

Gary then explained his situation. The Association team had been on the defensive since they arrived on the island. The Federation team had originally a small enough forces so the Association team could go on some offensive strikes but now it seems that they moved several reserve forces into the north to hold the Association forces at bay while the forces in the south take Hoja City and just wait until the end of the match.

He also explained the arrival of the confusing she demon. A fearsome women who utilized tactics that scared the Association forces. She sings. And she sings a strange song as well. It terrifies the Association just hearing that dreaded song.