Chapter 42

Chapter 42

It took only three days for the officials of the Japanese Shensha Do Federation and the American Tankery Association to reach the port town of Mishima. With them came technical analysts, Urban Architecture specialists, Medical Professionals, Boards of Education, the Japanese Self Defense Force attaché, the Americans Department of Defense, and the Families.

Nearly nine months had gone by and in that absence was nine months of frantic mothers and worried fathers. The mass gathering of parents reuniting with their children was astronomical. The city square of Mishima was the location for the meet up and not one family went unchecked.

Miho wondered around the city square watching with a smile on her face as her friends reunited with their loved ones. She spotted many of the American families not just exchanging much belated love, but the American students introduced their new friends to their parents.

Miho saw her team easily. Mako had not let go of her grandmother since they reunited. Despite all the uneasiness from the two they were constantly crying while embraced with each other. Saori had introduced Chubbs to her parents, Hana introduced Christian to her mother, and even Yukari introduced William to her parents. However her father was very apprehensive on the young man.

Austin and Mark walked through the giant mess of people scouring for their parents. It was Mark who found them first. He hit Austin's shoulder and pointed them out, to which the two smiled eagerly and moved towards them.

"Ma, Pa!" Austin yelled as he moved into their arms. The first thing his parents noticed was the limp he had in his left leg.

"Austin! Oh my sweet boy what happened to your leg?" His mother asked.

"Long story." Austin said. His father frowned and crossed his arms.

"Synopsis. Now." He said sternly. Austin gulped and responded.

"Fell down a steep cliff while protecting one of the girls, landed on my back hard, fought off a seven-hundred-pound grizzly bear even after it scratched my back, got whipped fifty times for punching a woman, jumped off a twenty-foot drop and sprained my left foot, got my left foot enclosed inside the same bears mouth, and got it semi crushed by the weight of a High Impact Carbon tank round." Austin finished with the biggest fakest smile on his face.

"You got whipped!?" His mother shouted in surprise.

"You fought a grizzly bear!" His father yelled in as much surprise. "Did you win?"

"Derek!" his mother yelled in disbelief.

"What? He obviously won, look at him Jada. He's a Mayes and we win our fights." Derek said. Jada simply groaned before realizing one of her sons sentences.

"You said you saved a girl. who is she?" She asked. Austin gulped again and turned to find Nonna. He saw her and Katyusha both currently in the arms of their parents as well, smiling and talking their own.

"That's her. her names Nonna." Austin said watching her. his father looked at him managed to smile at his son.

"Good catch son. I'm proud of you." He said. Austin turned his head back to his father red faced at his remark. In turn his mother was aweing and cooing him about finally getting a girlfriend.

After meeting Yukari's parents William saw his own coming towards him. He spent the next few minutes talking to them about how he was ok and how Austin and Mark looked after him. But then he motioned for Yukari to come over.