Chapter 38

Chapter 38

The rode to Hoja City was, at this point, completely familiar. Everyone in the Joint High School team was familiar with the trips to and from Hoja City, with the exception of Johnathon and the Edison team. The roads were familiar enough for Maho to correctly guess where they were and how far they were to the city. Driving the tanks for nearly half the island wasn't an enjoyable task and Maho wanted to just reach a bed and curl up into a warm ball to sleep. She smiled as she visualized it. Wrapped in a blanket, on the bed, and in Edwards arms.

Maho's smile faded as she thought of Edward. It reminded her of what Samuel had checked up on when she vomited yesterday. She knew Edward would worry about her condition if she told him. Right now Edward thinks its just a smaller thing then it actually is. He'd baby her and take care of her if he knew the gravity of her condition. She knew it to. She wasn't fit to ride in a tank. The risk was to great. Those were Samuels words.

Maho sat shocked as she took in what Samuel had just said. The condition of her health was that serious? Maho couldn't believe it. She sunk her head in her hands and stared at the floor. Samuel just watched her and sighed.

"I'm sorry Maho but this is in regard to you being unable to command a tank for the rest of the game. I'm going to have to put you on leave until this is all situated." Samuel said. Maho said nothing. She just sat there in silence. Samuel sighed again and laid a hand on her shoulder. "If anything you should be ok to ride to Hoja City, but after that I cant in good conscience let you into a tank let alone a battle. The risk is to great."

"Ok." Maho meekly said.

"Would you like me to tell Miho and Ed about this? I can write up a note and get you out of that conversation." Samuel suggested. Maho shook her head.

"No, I'll tell them. especially Edward. He'll want to hear it from me." Maho said. Samuel nodded and wrote down on a note. This would be his Doctors order. Commander Maho would not be able to ride in a tank after arriving in Hoja City for the rest of the deration of the game.

Maho remembered that conversation perfectly. It upset her that she couldn't be part of the battle. It was terrible, stupid doctors note. She didn't blame Samuel in any way no, he was just doing his job. Making sure everyone was safe and healthy.

"Commander look, the city is in view." Erika said bringing Maho out of her thoughts. Like she said Hoja City was directly ahead of the Joint High School team. The tall buildings and many glass windows never looked so inviting. Maho smiled at the sight. It was good to be back.

After another few minutes of driving the whole Joint High School team had once again reunited at headquarters. Rivers and Kay were out front waiving their arms in welcome to the arrivals. A time was spent to harvest the reunion with hellos and a mass of embraces.

Night time blanketed the sky. The sun set roughly two hours ago, meaning many of the High Schoolers would be preparing for bed. Miho, however, was not one of them. she felt antsy, nervous, maybe even scared. She honestly didn't know why, what was there to be scared of? She had faced Akari before and won, she wasn't scared of her mother or anyone else in the Federation, so what was it?

Motion outside Miho peripheral vison caused her head to turn. Moving a little closer she saw Christian, Hana, and Johnathon talking. Actually it looked like Johnathon was apologizing once again. He honest to god felt terrible about what he said and did, he felt as if no one truly forgave him. Christian and Hana's faces showed the exact opposite of that. They spoke kind words to him and even embraced him, showing the newly kindled friendship between the three. It was warming to know things had come to a complete positive light in regard to the High School team.