Chapter 40

Chapter 40

A/N: Apologize for the delay, I have been diagnosed with sever writers block and a complete addiction to distractions, but I am cured now, (Not really) lets go

The sun had not yet risen the next morning, but the boys of Hoja City were already up and mounting their respective tanks. The young men started up their vehicles and with the final battle within reach, the vigor of anticipation was high. All focus was on the newly laid plan. Embark from the city and move to a designated area specifically picked out for the battle. Edward wanted to have this game end on his terms and to do that he needed his force to be at the designated position before the sun rose.

Edward stood within the commanders hatch of his tank observing the young men around him. He was just like them, heightened in anticipation for the upcoming bout. He wasn't going to let this war game of tanks and politics ruin what he now had with Maho. He would find a way to stay together with her even if it killed him. Ironic in the sense that she used to be his enemy, and now she's the best thing that has ever happened to him.

"Ed, can I have a word?" Edward glanced down and spotted Hans as the question bearer.

"Whats wrong Hans?" Edward asked. Hans gave a somber look and seemed unsure on something.

"Are you sure that this is the right decision? Leaving without telling the girls? Maho would get really mad." Hans said. Edward just sighed. He knew that his decision was selfish in this regard. But he just couldn't let Maho anywhere near danger. He wouldn't let himself.

"I'm sure. I've got more to protect now than just Tankery. I've not come this far to risk that much. You saw the numbers, you know the chance is too high for that." Edward said.

"Well yeah I did but the girls would still be able to take care of themselves right?" Hans asked.

"Im not saying they wouldn't. but think for a moment. With the chance of danger that we're going to face, would you willingly send Erika to face that and possibly come out of it with an injury?" Edward asked. Hans looked down at his question, he knew the answer before he even thought of it.

"No, no I wouldn't do that." Hans said.

"That's the same for me Hans. I wont subject Maho to that high-risk chance of danger. Not even if it meant saving my life." Edward said.

"I'm sure what ever happens will be fine Ed. I mean, we've been thinking of ways to stay together with the girls when this game ends and all, but to say that the risks are to high might be stretching it." Hans said. Edward shook his head and glanced out at his team.

"No. I know whats at stack for me. What I can lose should the proper circumstances come to pass. I won't risk it, not if I can protect it." Edward said.

"You're speaking in riddles Ed." Hans said. Edward smirked and glanced back at his longtime friend.

"Don't worry about it but know that I do believe this is the correct course of action." Edward said. Hans gave a nod and went back to the Tiger.

Edward gave the garage one last look around, everyone was ready, it was now or never. He grabbed his headset and placed it on his head, turning it on, and giving out his first order of the day.

"You all have the location of our staging point on your maps. Lets finish this once and for all. Move out!" Edward ordered. The combined efforts of the tanks sparked alight. The various multi national tanks of Uncle Sam moved out of the garage first followed by Virginia's heavy M6s. Out and following in line next were Montana's E-75s and last but not least were the T-14s of Edison. The mass moved outward and heading west at approximately twenty miles an hour.