Alt. Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Hey! Pravda are here!" The boy yelled.

Glancing behind him he saw the girl was chasing him. She was going to stop him from blowing her cover. Austin continued to run until he saw small fires.

"Pravda!" He shouted loud just as the girl tackled him. Turning around the girl was getting on top of him. Austin began wrestling with the girl trying to remain free to move. He heard a tank coming from behind him and saw his unit had heard him and most likely saw what happened.

However, a boom rang out. Pravda's tanks had closed in and began opening fire upon the American tanks. To which had also returned fire. Austin wriggled one of his hands free and wrapped it around the girl's waist. He pulled with it and sent her off him. He then jumped onto her grabbing her arms in an attempt to restrain her. She also put up a good fight.

Inevitably Austin won, managing to subdue the girl and hold her down. She was breathing heavily and had lost her strength. Austin was also breathing heavily. The somewhat seventy-yard dash and the small wrestling match proved straining. Getting a chance to rest Austin looked at the girl he had bested and was taken aback by her beauty. She had long black hair and light blue eyes. Her composure, even on the ground, showed she had elegance to her. Austin also took notice of her quite womanly physique.

Nonna looked up at the boy who had bested her. She was sure she would manage to take him easily. He wasn't that strong looking but then again, neither was she herself. She should've just fallen back like Katyusha said but her instincts got ahead of her. Gazing at the guy atop her she studied him. Under his hat was dirty blonde hair, his eyes were ocean blue, and he had some freckles on his noise. She noticed the strength in his arms while he held her down, he felt quite masculine under his coat. His grasp felt both weird and comforting in a way.

Both had become completely oblivious to the action around them that they failed to see a T-34 come to a stop some yards away.

"Nonna! What are you doing!?" Katyusha yelled.

This got both Nonna's and Austin's attention. "It seems I was bested Katyusha." Nonna said still out of breath.

"Get off her you Pervert!" Katyusha yelled.

Nonna thought her words were wasted thinking the guy couldn't understand them, but he surprised her by speaking Japanese back.

"Pervert!? Listen here tiny she jumped me while I was taking a piss, I find that perverted!" Austin yelled back. That made Nonna blush at the embarrassing memory. Though she wondered how he came to learn Japanese she guessed he visited Japan at one point or knew someone who did. Nonna herself learned English from her mother so she was fluent enough to understand it, to which was also the main reason she went to scout out the American camp.

"Get off her!" Katyusha said turning the tanks turret towards him.

Austin stood his ground and continued to hold Nonna down. He knew she wouldn't shoot. Nonna was in the way as well. He just needed to delay this girl as long as possible. Austin's prayers were answered as Peters Panzer 38 hit the girls T-34. However, the explosion was to close for comfort and Austin considered making a break for the Tiger, but he failed to see it anywhere.

Another tank shell his even closer to their position and Austin gave up. His stood up and dragged Nonna with him. The way she went along with it meant she also knew the danger they were currently in. One of Austin's units tank drove right in front of them and fired above their heads at Katyusha forcing the two to veer right. Unfortunately, they failed to see the cliff side and slid to a stop right before they went over. They backed up and misfortune hit them again. A shell from another Pravda tank hit the ground near them causing the snow to move. The push and all the movement caused the snow to start a small avalanche, and Nonna and Austin were right in the middle of it.