Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Miho sat outside the designated infirmary tapping her foot. She was extremely worried. Who wouldn't be when your sister collapses and unleashes her lunch all over? By the time everyone made it back to Hoja the sun was near setting and Maho had completely fallen unconscious. Edward had notified Miho instantly upon arrival. She rushed over faster than his Hellcat. She had not left Maho's side since then. Now a whole day later Maho had awoken. Samuel did the best he could but with what little supplies they had on hand it made things harder then he was used to. Samuel exited the Infirmary where he saw Edward and Miho stand from their seats to hear his news.

"She's fine. She just need rest." Samuel said.

"What happened?" Miho asked.

"Hyperventilation, nausea, and some destabilization to her whole body. Easy enough to overcome with rest and quiet." Samuel said.

"Do you know how this happened?" Miho asked.

Samuel sighed. "From what I could gather, and from first hand accounts, Commander Maho has Anxiety. From what, I can't say, but it seems to influence her very heavily. Coping is needed for her, though I can't tell what." Samuel said.

"Anything else?" Edward asked.

"Ed I'm trained as a field medic not a Psychiatrist. I don't have the know how to really help this. The only thing I can think of is that, from what Mark told me, she seemed fine until Akari started spewing things." Samuel said.

"Alright thanks Sammy, anything urgent we should know?" Edward asked.

"Just to let her rest. She'll need to start taking things at her speed." Samuel said.

"Right. Thanks again." Edward said. Samuel nodded and left heading down the hallway.

Miho sat down in a chair contemplating the fact her older sister has a mental disorder. It scared her. Maho was the strongest person Miho knew and if this could ruin her what else could?

"It'll be ok Miho. Your sister is strong. She'll get through this." Edward said. Miho nodded.

Edward frowned. Not in any malcontent but with sadness. He could not understand Miho's feelings, but he could understand his own. He was also fearful of this situation. Maho became a close friend, as had most of the girls he had come to know. What ever sparked this attack, he wanted to know about it.

"Miho, is there anything that Maho would have to be anxious about?" Edward asked. He was not sure how Miho would take his questions, but he needed to be sure.

"The only thing that comes to mind is reuniting with our mother. She followed mothers rules all her life and when she decided to help you guys break out of captivity she went against mothers wishes for the first time. She must be scared to face her." Miho said.

Edward took this to face value. Its not that he did not trust Miho, but Samuel said Mark talked to him about Akari spewing words at Maho. He needed to talk to Maho directly in order to get her take. Noise drew both attention to see on of Edwards team running at him and he seemed to have urgency.

"Ed! You need to come quick! There's trouble!" The guy said.

Edward and Miho stood and ran with the guy to the courtyard. A small group of people were standing around two smaller groups of people. One group was from Montana and the other were girls from Saunders. The two groups seemed to nearly be at each other's throats.

"Alright whats this all about. If someone stole the last cookie in the cookie jar then just bake some more." Edward said trying to defuse any hostility. It did not work.

"No one stole a cookie Ed, but these girls are stealing our sport!" one guy from Montana yelled.

"We're trying to help you, not steal your sport!" A Saunders girl yelled back.

"Yeah? So why are you on this island in the first place!?" another Montana guy asked.

"We wanted to go up against you Americans, just not at the stake of your Tankery!" Another Saunders girl yelled.

"Lies!"

That spewed a massive yelling and screaming contest. The two sides were near at each other's throats. It didn't help that Rivers wasn't here. He would get his boys under control and then a more civilized discussion would be going on.

"Shut up!"

Speak of the devil. Edward looked behind him and saw Rivers rushing past the crowd and reached his side.

"What are you baboons doing!?" Rivers yelled. "What do you think arguing will solve?"

"it'll get people aware of our beliefs Rivers. Nothing can stop that." Ark said.

"Even if it divides us?" Rivers challenged.

"things were fine when it was just us guys, these girls are playing us for fools. Their still in cahoots with the Federation. Their just feeding intel to our enemies. They'll go crawling back to their precious Federation first chance they see we're going to lose!" Ark yelled.

"Oh, so suffering from the Federation ourselves wasn't enough to garner your trust then!" A Saunders girl yelled.

"You didn't suffer the way we did! You all just sat nice and still in your comfy beds while we basically rotted away in that god forsaken prison!" A Montana boy yelled.

"Enough!" Rivers yelled even louder this time. "From what we've experienced and what we've seen together as a new unified team, we can make sure the Federation gets its comeuppance. But we cant do that when all this fighting is the only thing we know how to do!"

"You're just biased Rivers, you're dating one of them after all." Another Montana boy said.

Rivers eye's darkened at the mention of his relationship. It had been known about for a while now. The dancing at the 4th of July party kind of rose questions.

"I Love Naomi. I do, but I will not let my personal feelings judge the best course of action when it comes to in fighting, especially when my school is the main problem of it." Rivers said.

"So we are the problem? Your not shining any light on the Saunders girls? You've become soft Rivers. We'll still follow you, you're our commander and you've earned the respect of every single one of us, but we will not work with them anymore. Time to pick a side Rivers." Ark said leading his fellow instigators away.

Rivers sighed and face palmed. This was ridiculous. The real enemy, and a cheating one at that, was practically on their door step and now these two teams had started fighting like siblings. This was not the ideal situation.

"You going to be ok Rivers? That got pretty intense." Edward said.

"I'm fine Ed. Just need to figure out how the get them to see the realistic problem and not the imaginary one they have." Rivers said.

"Are you sure the main problem is with them and no one else?" Edward asked.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Rivers asked.

"Don't really know. Just that your time on the range, in the garage, or even at your teams table has dwindled ever since you started seeing Naomi. Just think about it." Edward said.

Rivers nodded and walked away. This would haunt them for a while. Montana had a notorious reputation of holding a grudge. Hopefully, nothing to bad would come out of this.