Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Shiho Nishizumi sat at her office desk face in hands. Her eyes closed as she listened to the ringing of her cellphone going off. she refused to answer the calls for the sole reason of who was calling. She wouldn't answer, she refused to have anything to do with the caller. She wanted nothing but silence.

As the call ended and sent the caller to voice mail Shiho moved one of her hands to grab a glass next to a bottle of whiskey and moved the glass to her lips drinking the contents whole and placing the glass back on the desk. Shiho shook her head slightly and poured more of the drink into the glass. Again the cellphone rang with the callers intent to annoy her enough for her to answer. Yet Shiho was beyond such childish nags. Right? The callers continuous calling was like a child repeatedly calling out their parents name for attention. That's what this caller wanted, attention. Attention to ramble and complain about certain actions Shiho has been involving herself lately. But who could blame her.

Since some time ago the masses have been calling for an end to the match on the island. The demanding of their children's safe return and an appeasement with the Americans. Plus the one who has been facing most of the flak was herself. Shiho wasn't surprised, she was the one who orchestrated the

whole ordeal to start the match. It was all her fault. It was her fault the match was taking place, her fault that Maho and Miho were away from home for so long, and her fault for the two girls abandoning the Federation, or in other words, her. Yet Shiho didn't blame them. she felt horrible. The essence of her mother pushed themselves back into her mind and she lashed out like she had always witnessed her mother do back when she was a kid. This realization, that Shiho had once again acted like her mother, sent her to drown herself with the drink she had in hand.

For the who knows amount of time Shiho's phone rang and she couldn't continue to hope that the caller would up and quit. It wasn't like her. Shiho downed the glass of whiskey in her hand and reached over to her cellphone. She accepted the call and placed the phone to her ears hearing a voice she hated.

"Finally you pick the damn phone up. I thought you were raised better Shiho!" The woman on the other end said. Shiho scowled at the comment.

"I would have been if Father was there in my life." Shiho said. The sentence she spoke seemed to anger the woman.

"Do not give me that tone! Your Father was nothing but a cowardly squatter who took advantage of me." The woman said. Shiho frowned, that was far from true. Her father was an accomplished shop owner and worked ridiculously hard.

"Do not speak ill of my father! I don't care what you say he was more of a parent then you ever could be. He's the reason I pursued my life and helped me get to where I am now." Shiho said.

"And where is that pray tell. Alone in a room with a drink in hand? You are so much like your mother its uncanny." The woman said. This ticked Shiho off.

"You are NOT my Mother; you will never be my mother! Its all your fault I live like this. I could have been happy living Tsuneo and my little girls, but you just had to get in the way!" Shiho yelled. Only twice was she ever so angry. The first was when she first left Tsuneo to go home to the Nishizumi manor, the second was when she first relieved her mind of her mothers influence and came to realize what she had done, not just to herself and her daughters but for Tsuneo to.

"He was weak and imperfect. That young business man I set you up with would have been a better, more economical choice of a husband." Shiho's mother said.