Chapter 36

Chapter 36

Time passed relatively quickly since the major Association victory outside the city. However, even with the majority of Akari's forces apprehended, Akari herself got away with a several of her best crews. Scouts were immediately sent out by order of Colonel Abernathy, with orders to sight Akari and relay her position, and if possible, her destination. While the Association men got to work of rebuilding and fixing their damaged M60's the High Schoolers were mending more social problems. The Edison boys came around and many of them apologized for their behavior. In fact their negative behavior happened to be related to the jealousy they felt towards their fellow American Schools. The Edison boys had been scraping by out here in Glendale that to them the other schools were acting more solemnly and passive. Relaxing and flacking while the defenders of Glendale fought tooth and nail. There were no fair assumptions made by either side. But that was now all in the past. Every High School now sat around the cafeteria openly talking and conversing or even reminiscing.

Miho was not one of them. she was at the cafeteria, but she wasn't mingling. In fact this was the first time in some hours that she got to think. She mostly thought back at her interaction with Johnathon at the park. She had slapped him. Granted he was insulting Hana and threatening Christian, but he had just sulked and stayed seated on the ground during the attack. Many of the boys said it was odd behavior. Johnathon has never acted like this before. It was peculiar.

"Miho, do you have a moment?" Miho's thoughts were interrupted as Hana and Christian came walking forward, worry plastered on their faces.

"Hana, what do you need?" Miho asked. Hana shared a look with Christian before returning her attention.

"Its Commander Johnathon, no one has seen him since the park. I know we aren't on best terms with him but Christian and I are worried." Hana said with worry. Miho frowned. Not in anger but thought. Wondering where of all places Johnathon would go to.

"I'll go see If I can find him." Miho said. Christian let out a sigh of relieve and Hana smiled. Miho left the cafeteria and walked around the town. Most of the inner town was undamaged from any fighting, showing off its beauty. Miho took a moment to gander at the town. Its style could be placed to that of Italian or Spanish design. The town would probably be very lively when the inhabitants came back.

As time went by Miho passed through the town square, where the nearby high school was acting as a prison for the women of the Federation. Miho thought that it would maybe to small to fit all the captives they had, but she was proven wrong. The school could hold several thousand students and around a hundred teachers.

Passing the gates that showed the insides of the schools campus Colonel Abernathy was making good on his promise. The Federation women were up and about talking or eating the food provided. In fact they seemed rather content to stay there. Miho was a little skeptical, but her thoughts turned to confusion at seeing one of the Association men, apparently flirting with one of the Federation women. The women leaned against a wall, fiddling with her hands as she shyly smiled. The man had placed his hand against the wall to hold himself up, he smiled more confidently and the two seemed to really enjoy each other's company. In fact many of the Federation women were casting glances or straight up staring at some of the Association men with flustered or infatuated looks.

Miho did a double take. She hadn't expected this. But then again, she hadn't expected many things to happen on this island. Austin and Nonna's misadventure, Mishima, Hoja City, or even now. She hadn't considered any of this a possibility. Miho smiled at the scene in front of her. she was ashamed to admit, but she had forgotten that the Federation women were just like her. tired and probably wanting some normalcy in their lives. So she walked away smiling and content with this.