Chapter 44

Chapter 44

A/N: sorry for the delay, lets just get into it.

The local Celebration Hall was the chosen spot for the much-deserved party the High Schoolers had thrown together. Though hastily put together, the help of the High Schoolers families were a big help. Ms. Hill and Shiho Nishizumi were at the for front of the planning believe it or not. While most would see this celebration as something that could be held at any other time it did serve another purpose. Saying goodbye's. While the High Schoolers wanted nothing more then to stay with their new founds friends and loved ones the rebuilding of the island was going to take some time to work out. in compromise between the High Schoolers and their parents it was decided that they would all return to their home countries and that, when applicable, the teenagers could return to the island whenever they wanted. After construction was done of course. But tonight wasn't a night for sorrows and such, as the multitude of teenagers littered the massive, reconstructed ballroom for their enjoyments. The lighting serene, the music compelling and the company ecstatic.

Tables lined with refreshments and such surrounded half the room. The middle of the hall opened with dancing couples swaying themselves away. Groups huddled together chatting and laughing about their time spent through these past several months. All the pain and hardships over shadowed by the joy and love gained along the way.

Miho took a large glance around the hall seeing all her friends with nothing but smiles on their faces. The multitude of fancy looking individuals sparked a lovely essence to the place. Yes everyone was garbed in gorgeous dresses and gowns, or fancy suits or tux's. Miho had no idea how her mother got all these ready and she'll probably never know, and that was perfectly fine with her.

Miho Looked at the ensemble of tables covered in food, and she saw Nikoli and Klara conversing with Donovan and Assam. Further down the way Chubbs was eating a variety of food presented to him by Saori with Mako sleeping next to them. Austin and Nonna were deep in conversation but that was interrupted by the girls of Rabbit team swarming him and pulling him towards the dance area, Nonna covering her face to laugh at the sight.

At the dance floor Miho saw Rivers and Naomi eyes closed, embraced together as they simply swayed in place. Timothy and Pekoe were dancing with heavy red blushes on both their faces. Miho even saw Yukari tentatively dancing with William. She looked so scared that she might mess up or step on his foot, but William was a patient guy and would aid her where need be.

Davis was dancing swiftly with Darjeeling moving smoothly through their motion, and when they finished Alisa walked up to them seemingly shy as she made a form of request. Davis and Darjeeling let each other go as Davis moved to begin dancing with Alisa while Darjeeling smiled and moved off the floor.

Back at the tables Kay and Mark seemed to be debating on which food was best by racing each other to see who could eat the most, Katyusha moderating the game as they went. Adam held Noriko in his arms dancing with her as his whole tank team danced with the ladies of team duck. The rest of Ooarai seemed to be either chatting or dancing with someone, it was a truly marvelous sight.

Christian and Hana were not far away. just like Naomi and Rivers the two were embraced and swaying in place. Surprisingly, Peter and Rosehip were dancing together as well, the hyper active racer of St. Gloriana blushing as she held onto the young English man. Erika and Hans stood off to the side in conversation and while their gaze was fixated on something else their hands were firmly clasped together.

As Miho followed Erika and Hans's gaze she spotted her sister firmly planted in the arms of Edward. The two never took their eyes off each other. Edward adorned a fancy tuxedo while Maho wore a gorgeous black dress. The two had nothing left in the world that could distract them from their much-needed attention.