Chapter 17

As they trailed the ambulance to the hospital, everyone cried.

They saw the ambulance pull up to the emergency entrance of Sunrise hospital and quickly rushed Shy inside.

Everyone parked, then rushed into the hospital. Jay-Jay quickly ran to the front desk, "they just brought my sister in here, where they take her," her voice was shakey and she spoke fast.

"Ma'am calm down, we will release information to you when the.." Jay-Jay cut her off and walked away when she noticed one of the paramedics who brought Shy in. She ran towards him.

"Where they take my sister, you was just with her is she okay," Jay-Jay said rapidly.

"Ma'am we did all we could in the ambulance, the doctors will do everything they can for your sister here," the paramedic said back attempting to calm Jay-Jay down.

All she could do was cry and break down, the paramedic grabbed her before she could fall completely, and rubbed her back. He slowly walked her over to the waiting area and began talking to her.

"While we were in the ambulance your sister was very responsive, her heart did stop beating, but we were quickly able to get it back pumping, she's a strong young lady and she would want you to be the same," the man said as he allowed Jay-Jay to cry on his uniform. While he held her, a device began to beep in his uniform pocket.

"I have to go, but I wish you and your sister the best, she's going to pull through," he said before breaking away from Jay-Jay, he hugged her before running to the back of the hospital.

Kali rushed over to Jay-Jay and the two began to cry harder, as they hugged.

Time flew by, and since it was already past midnight when all this happened, it was early morning when they finally got word from the doctors.

When Dr. Schnitzel walked into the waiting room he seen Michael, Malcolm, Johnny, Chico, Eric, Don, Cat, Kali and Jay-Jay sleep. He tapped Kali and Jay-Jay on the shoulder, and whispered, "follow me."

The two got up and blinked their eyes repeatedly as they tried to get adjusted to the light. They followed the doctor down the hall to an empty room, where he asked them to take a seat.

He began to put up x-rays on a wall light, then turned to the two studs.

"Well ladies, your sister is out of surgery and I have pretty good news, but a downfall also."

"She's my sister," Jay-Jay corrected the doctor and then pointed at Kali, "she's her cousin."

"I apologize for the mix up, but she is out of surgery and as you can see in the x-ray, the bullet missed her heart by a centimeter, which is good but it hit a vein which caused her to bleed a lot. Luckily the blood transfusions worked tremendously," he could see the relief wash over Kali and Jay-Jay's faces.

"She's slightly responsive, however she won't wake up, and is currently not breathing on her own," the doctor seemed ashamed to say his last words.

The once calm expression on the two's face was washed away as quickly as it washed on.

"So is she going to be okay," Kali asked getting straight to the point.

"We are not sure at the moment, we will keep her here and monitor her for the next two weeks,"

"So what he fuck happens in two weeks," Jay-Jay spat back at the doctor, becoming irritated.

"If she isn't breathing on her own within two weeks, it is your choice to keep her on life support for one more week then after that week we have to pull the plug," the doctor said back, now speaking faster.

Kali nodded her head and sent non-verbal signals to the doctor saying thank you as he exited the small room.

"Kal I can't lose my sister," Jay-Jay said, once the doctor closed the door.

"We not gone lose her, you know Shy ass is strong, she probably dreaming about getting her strap wet right now," Kali said to lighten the mood, and they both laughed.

"Yeah, she's stronger than I could ever be, yall two always talked to me about being stronger and assertive, remember that,"

"Yeah I remember that little scrawny Jay that everyone picked on, until me and Shy put it down and taught you how to fight and stand up for your self."

For the next hour or so, Kali and Jay-Jay sat in the room talking and joking about the memories they had all growing up together.

"I want all them niggas head," Jay-Jay said to Kali with a serious tone.

"No more needs to be said, let's go," Kali signaled for Jay-Jay to get up and they walked back to the waiting room.

Kali walked to the front desk and asked the lady, "when will we be able to see Shy," she quickly corrected herself, "I mean Shianne Rogers."

The lady began to type in the computer then smiled and looked up to Kali, "the doctor has recommended that she doesn't have any visitors until tomorrow. Visiting hours start at 8."

"Thank you," Kali said before walking off.

She walked where everyone else was and saw them standing and waiting for her, "Come on," she said heading for the door.

They all followed closely including Jay-Jay.

When they got into the two cars they drove in, they followed each other to Eric's grandmother's house. That use to be their hide-out after they did jobs, and was always the safest place they could go.

When they first got there, everyone was silent. Michael broke the silence, "fam I don't even know what to do."

"Fuck not knowing what to do, first let's figure out what happened," Don added in the end.

"Right first, when I was coming out the back with ol'girl, I seen some of Mac's old crew when we was walking back to where yall was at," Kali began to say.

"Peanut!" Chico exclaimed, cutting Kali off.

"That's the nigga I seen bussing at us, I looked him dead in his eyes before he started shooting, I couldn't figure out where the fuck I knew him from but it adds up, that is Mac's little brother."

Everyone sat there in disbelief once again.

"Peanut, the lil nigga that use to always be with him," Kali asked instantly.

"Yes, the lil nigga, that was him in that all black."

Kali began to think back to what and who she saw in the club, and faintly she remembered the young boys face.

It all must of hit everyone at once, 'they know we had something to do with Mac disappearing.'

Jay-Jay sat there quietly.

"Okay okay, who else did he run with back in the day when he was pushing for us," Malcolm said.

"It was him peanut, and them other two weird niggas that tried to talk to me when they started working, " Kali thought. Then she thought back to the club, it was only three other guys with peanut.

"That's them, they was bussing at us," Cat exclaimed. Everyone grew intensely quiet.

"We gotta lay them nigga's down," Johnny budded in.

"Yeah it has to be handled," Kali said while looking at Jay-Jay, "Jay this is your call bruh, what do you want to do."

Everyone stayed quiet and stared at Jay-Jay.

She took a deep breath, "all of them gotta be taken out and this shit is over, we getting back to the money, no more killing."

They all nodded their head up and down, then began plotting on what their next move will be.