Chapter 5

Emma had never drived that fast in her entire life. In the back seat she could hear Tavvy crying so hard  that made her heart break.

Ty and Livvy were trying to comfort the little boy, but he was never going to calm down. Christina went in the other car with Julian.

They raced to the Institute in no time. Julian plucked Dru out of the back seat and carried her inside.

Julian carried her to the infirmiry and turned to Emma," go get Uncle Arthur and Diana."

Emma spun on her heal and raced to Uncle Arthur's office. She burst inside to find Uncle Arthur and Diana sitting there.

" Dru is hurt..." is all that Emma said, but before she could finish her sentence Uncle Arthur ran out of the room.

She looked at Diana," I'll call the Silent Brother's." Emma could see the worry on her face. She ran back to the infirmiry and stayed with everyone until Brother Enoch arrived.

He ordered everyone to go out of the room. You don't question a Silent Brother.

Livvy and Tina took Tavvy to his room, so they could attemp to calm him down. He was hyperventalating.

Ty wanted to get his mind off things, so he took Taylor to show her around the Institute. Ty tried not to be nervous and play it cool around Taylor.

Taylor looks at him," It's awfully nice of you to offer to show me around the Institute." She brushed his arm lightly. That made Ty blush a deep shade of pink.

Ty showed her the kitchen, training room,everyone's bedrooms, Uncle Arthur's office, and when they reached the library Taylor squealed with excitment.

" I take it you like books?" Ty said grining. He wore a huge smile on his face because he might have found someone who likes books as much as he does.

" I mostly prefer the thickest books I can find or books in Latin," said Taylor as she turned around to look at him. Ty thought,' even better.'

They decided to sit in the comfy chairs in the library and talk about books they read.

Emma followed Julian to his room which was as usual, messy. He had paint slatter on the most random places in his room. Emma thought she could see a splotch on the ceiling. That paint splotch was recent and she didn't even know how it was possible to get it on the ceiling.

 She looked at the wall and saw the picture he drew last night. It was beautiful and he had shaded it perfectly.

He went over to a huge canvas. It was a painting of Idris. The last time they visited there was when they went to perform their Parabatai ritual. One of the most nerve-racking days of her life.

Julian had an artists memory. If he saw something beautiful, he would picture it perfectly. It was a picture of Alicante, the capital of Idris.

It was a picture from the distance obviously at nightime. You could see the houses and Angel Square. It's almost as if you were walking along a path that leads to Alicante. You can see a glimpse of the Brocelind Forest at the side of the painting. There are small hills ahead that are covered in the small white flowers that only grow in Idris.

Emma looked in awe. The scene was absolutely stunning. Emma had seen Julian's paintings of the sunset or the beach, but he had never painted Idris before.

Jules turned and looked at her," what do you think? I remember it from when we went for a walk after the Parabatai ceremony."

Now Emma remembered. The view slipped from her mind. The only thing she remembered from that day was when she did the ceremony with Jules.

" Em, do you want it?" Julian could tell that she liked it. " No. It must have taken you forever to paint," Emma said while shaking her head.

" Em, it's not like I won't see it again. I come into your room all the time," Julian pointed out.

" Okay. It really is a beautiful painting."

" So since Christina isn't here for me to gossip with, I'll just gossip with you." Emma smiles wickedly.

" Are you trying to punish me or something? What did I ever do to you?" Jules whined.

" Did you see how Ty was looking at Taylor. It was like love at first sight." Emma sat down on Julian's messy bed.

" Oh my goodness. Kill me now." Jules pleaded.

Emma continued," we should make them a ship name. Think Tiberius and Taylor."

Emma thought for a moment then started hopping up and down on Julian's bed excitedly," I've got it! Tyler. Isn't that the best ship name ever."

Jules gestured shooting himself in the head with a gun. Emma threw a pillow at him.

" You're not at all thrilled that you know who your younger brother is crushing on?" Emma looked at him like he was crazy.

" It doesn't really affect me," Julian shruggs.

" You just made me bored while talking about gossip. How is that possible?" Emma frowns at him.

Jules smiles cruely," I was born with that gift. I'm a natural."  

They both started laughing.