Chapter 6

Julian spent nearly every bit of his spare time by Dru's bed that entire week.

Tavvy seemed so lonely because he would aways play with Dru. Livvy had drowned herself in training and Ty seemed as quiet as ever.

Taylor would try to comfort everyone, but no one was going to happy unless Dru's condition improved.

Julian's 18th birthday was coming up and Emma really wanted him to be happy.

She and Christina planned a surprise birthday party for him.

Since Emma was bad at baking, Christina baked a chocolate cake with a ton of chocolate icing.

Emma set up all of the decorations with Ty, Livvy, and Taylor.

The next day, Emma took Julian to the training room to distract him while everyone else put last minute touches on everything.

After an hour, they took showers and she led him down the stairs towards the dining room.

She opened the door and then everyone jumped up and yelled," SURPRISE!!!"

Emma turned to see Julian's face and noticed that it was way happier than she had seen it all week.

First, they all ate the huge birthday lunch that Christina had made.

Then, there was the cake which was really good. They all gave him presents.

Emma gave him a huge box full of acrylic paints and a huge art book with a bunch of work from famous artists.

Jules gave her a huge bearhug when he opened it.

They all played a few party games after that.

Later that day, Emma took Julian to the movie theatre.

Jules liked movies just as much as she did. They liked all of the same movies.

When Emma went to go buy the popcorn, Julian smiled and said," wow Em. You're willing to buy me popcorn? Your generosity is endless."

Emma laughed," I am the most generous person you've ever met."

Julian smirked," I haven't met many people." Emma hit his shoulder.

When Emma and Julian got home, they both went up to the roof. It was kind of their own little place.

" This was one of the best birthdays ever. I just wish Dru could've seen it. She loves parties." Juian laid down on his back.

Emma laid down beside him. " She will get better soon. Don't worry."

" She's my little sister. I have to worry."

" Jules, when you're worried, I'm worried. Also, Dru is like a sister to me," Emma sat up.

" Does that make you think of me as your brother?" Jules sat up and looked at her.

Emma knew the truth was going to come out sooner or later.

She took a deep breath," I don't think of you as a brother, Jules, but I think of you as something else."

Julian stared at her.

The next thing she knew, he was hugging her.

Emma didn't know what to make of that. He leaned back far enough to look straight into her eyes.

" I'm glad you feel the same way." Jules whispered to her. Emma's breath hitched.

Julian kissed her lightly.

Emma's mind was screaming IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING!!!. Her thoughts were scattered.

When Jules broke away he said," definitely the best birthday ever."

They sat on the roof and talked until they lost track of time. They sun had gone down and a few stars were scattered across the sky. The night air was cool and fresh.

Emma and Julian decided by that time everyone must have been in bed, so they crept down to their own rooms.

Emma was about to go into her room, but decided that she should get a book to read before she went to sleep.

Quiet as a mouse, Emma walked to the Institute's library.

She opened the door slowly, not wanting it to creak and walked inside.

It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the dim light. She looked over and saw two figures.

It was Taylor and Ty.

They were kissing.

They were both sitting on the couch and their books had fallen on the ground at some point.

Emma backed out of the room before they could see her and saw a glimpse of them pulling apart just before she shut the door.

She heard Taylor giggle a little bit.

Emma rushed to the top of the stairs as she heard the library door open.

She got ready for bed  and then slipped under her covers.

Emma rested her head on the soft pillow. It was a very eventful day.

A little bit exciting and a little shocking.

As Emma felt the weight of sleep coming down on her, she thought of one thing. The kiss she had shared with Julian. She turned and looked at the painting he gave her.

Emma fell asleep smiling.