Chapter 7

Emma woke up with a huge smile on her face. She couldn't wait to see Julian today.

Today they had a day off from training.

She pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt. Emma skipped down the hall and ran down the staircase.

Everyone was already at the table eating breakfast.

She sat down at her usual seat and looked over at Julian.

Livvy noticed her good mood."Em, are you okay? Your smile is taking up half of your face."

Emma looked at Julian and he looked like he hadn't even notice her.

Emma's smile faltered," it's nothing. I'm just glad for the day off."

Julian slid back his chair," I'm going to go check on Dru." He walked out of the room without looking back.

Emma was thinking, what if he was embarrassed about the kiss, maybe he thinks he made a mistake, maybe...

Her thoughts were interuppted by Uncle Arthur." Yesterday, I recieved a letter from  the Clave. They've asked me to go to England for a meeting. Since Julian is now 18, he was asked to come too."

Everyone stared at Uncle Arthur.

He smiled,"don't worry. Diana will stay with all of you. I've already told Julian and we are leaving in 2 days."

When he mentioned Julian  he stared directly at Emma.

She had never been so far away from Julian before. They had known each other since they were in diapers.

She wolfed down her waffles and apple juice and ran down to the infirmiry.

She looked inside, but Julian wasn't there. Emma sprinted up the stairs to his bedroom.

She walked in without knocking. Surely enough Julian, was there drawing an eye with a teardrop coming out of it. It was so realistic.

Emma walked over to him," Julian. Why didn't you tell me about England!"

Julian looked up at Emma. His eyes were sad and depressed. " Uncle Arthur told me I had to go. I don't want to go, but he said there was no way around it. It would be the first time I get to be there as an official member of the Clave and be allowed to vote."

Emma sat down on his bed," England is so far away. How long will you be gone?"

"Around 3 or 4 days. Please look at out for everyone for me. Especially Ty and Tavvy, because Tavvy is sad about Dru and Ty has to spend time away from Livvy. Livvy constantly has to distract Tavvy from thinking about Dru."

Emma said," I promise I will take care of them."

She suddenly remembered what she saw last night.

Her face lit up like a light bulb.

Julian stared at Emma's sudden mood swing," what are you thinking about?"

A smile broke out on Emma's face," you will not believe what I saw Ty doing last night."

Jules smirked," Em. Ty is my brother and a very predictable person. I doubt you could say something that would surprise me."

Emma raised an eyebrow," you wanna bet?"

" I'll take that wager."

" Who says wager? How old are you 152?"

Jules smiled," and 3 quarters. Are you going to tell me or not. I bet 5 bucks."

Emma shreiked," I saw Ty and Taylor kissing!"

"WHAT?!" Julian screamed.

Emma snatched his wallet on the nightstand and took out a 5 dollar bill.

" No that's not possible," Julian shook his head in disbelief.

"I saw it with my own eyes, Jules. They were in the library. I went to go get  book to read and I saw them." Emma was laughing hysterically at Julian's reaction.

" There is no way that Ty kissed Taylor."

" Interested in gossip now are we? Besides it's not like they were the only ones kissing last night."

Emma realized what she said a moment to late.

Julian's face darkened.

He looked down," Em, we can't tell anyone about that. They would split us apart, because we broke the law. We wouldn't be able to see each other ever again"

Emma felt sad. The only boy she really had feelings for, felt the same way towards her. They still couldn't be together because they were Parabatai.

"I know Jules. I know."

Emma fought back tears and stood up to leave.

"Em, wait." Emma turned around.

Julian said,"I just want to know if you started liking me before the Parabatai ritual."

Emma responded," yeah. What about you? Did you like me before the ritual?"

"Yes." Julian looked down and started working on his sketch again.

Emma spun on her heel and walked to her room.

She slammed her door and flopped onto the bed.

They liked each other, but didn't think the other liked them back. They did the ritual thinking that was what the other wanted.

They thought they would get over their feelings for each other, but they never did.