Chapter 9

Mark Blackthorn sat before her. The boy that was taken from the family 5 years ago. The boy that was like her very own brother. The person that they never thought they would ever see again. Tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

"Mark!" Emma ran over and gathered Mark up into a bone-crushing hug. She had never been so happy to see someone ever in her life.

Mark didn't look like he changed a bit. Time doesn't run the same in Faerie as it does in the mortal world.

Emma finally let go of her grip on Mark and he turned to see the rest of the people that came in with her.

His eyes landed on Livvy. " Livvy," he said in a quiet whisper. Emma backed away to let Livvy have room to run up and hug her long lost brother. Livvy started to shed tears of joy. Livvy said," Mark, I missed you so much."

She let go of Mark and he turned his head to look at Christina.

She must have felt kind of awkward. Tina said," so you're the famous Mark that your siblings have been talking about." Mark nodded," yeah. I don't believe we've met." Christina smiled," I am Christina Rosales, but everyone calls me Tina."

They sat in silence for a second, because nobody knew what else to say.

Emma suddenly remembered," Mark? Why are you here? Why did the Wild Hunt let you go?"

Mark's face became serious," they let me go because they wanted to make sure that you guys held up your end of the bargain."

Emma thought that was a pretty good reason. She remembered Ty and Taylor were waiting outside.

They all walked out of the room and towards the couch. Ty and Taylor weren't on the couch, but they were dancing together.

Ty spun Taylor and as they dipped, he planted a kiss on her lips.

I looked back at the group to find their reaction.

Tina was wearing a smile that said 'I saw this coming'.

Mark stared at them with wide eyes, not believing that the boy he was watching is the Ty who loved bees and would never let anybody hug him except for Livvy.

Livvy's reaction was to die for. Even though she knew they liked each other, she never thought Ty would kiss her so easily. Emma guessed Livvy never thought Ty would be so bold.

She had her mouth open wide enough to fit a cat. She was completely dumbfounded.

I started to smirk," Liv. You should lift that jaw of yours. I think you already caught 5 flies already." Livvy shut her mouth and scowled at Emma.

Emma gave her a pouty innocent look.

They got a little closer to the pair and Mark cleared his throat loudly to make sure they aknowledged their presence.

Tina smiled," busted." They blushed the deepest shade of red.

Ty suddenly saw Mark. He flashed a huge smile. "Mark!" Ty gave Mark a big bear hug. Mark pulled back," Ty you are so grown up. We look the same age."

Emma whistled," never saw that coming. Now I look older than you, Mark."

We walked out and drove back to the Institute. Emma led Mark to his old room. Nobody had moved any of his things since 5 years ago when he had lived here.

He sat on the bed and looked around. He said to Emma," I never thought I would ever see this room ever again."

" Do you need anything Mark?"

"No, thank you though," he said polietly. Emma backed out of his room and trudged over towards her own comfy bedroom.

She turned a corner and bumped into someone and might have fallen, but a hand stuck out and caught her.

She looked up and locked eyes with Julian.

"Umm. Are you okay?" Jules asked. Emma brushed non-existant wrinkles from her dress. She kept her head down," I'm fine."

She started to move down the hall, but Jules reached out and grabbed her wrist." Emma, are you avoiding me?" She didn't answer.

"Em. I'm leaving tomorrow."

" I wish you didn't remind me."

" Look Em, I really need your help. I need you to help take care of all of my siblings. They always look up to the oldest sibling, but I think they will listen to you. I think they'll go easy on you. They all love you. I try my best to handle them, but it gets really stressful. Sometimes I wish Mark and Helen were still here."

Emma could see the sad look in his eyes.

Emma said," I have a surprise for you tomorrow." "Really?" Jules loves surprises." What is it? Tell me.Tell me. Tell me!"

Emma smiled at his happiness," It's a surprise. You'll have to see tomorrow." Jules pouted," fine."

Jules walked Emma to her bedroom. Emma turned," I will really miss you Jules." He pulls her into a hug. He whispers into her ear," I will miss you too."

She looks up at him. His warm lips crash down on hers. Emma felt like her heart had just melted.

They kissed for a little while until Jules pulled back and said," I love you."

He walked across the hall to his bedroom and just before he closed his door fully she said", I love you too."

Emma was not sure if he heard it or not. She walked into her room and got ready for bed.

When her head hit the pillow, she was out like a light.