Chapter 35

This chapter is dedicated to Booklover190048, who I got to fangirl with over a ton of books. She's awesome :)

_______________________________________________________________

She was laying a stone slab. When she awoke she tried to get up, but found that her hands and feet had been chained down.

They had failed to notice that deeper in the cave there was a passage that led to the place they were currently in.

To Emma's left, Mark sat with his hands bound behind him. Gwyn was watching Emma as she looked around,"just a precaution. Even if I order him to sit still he will find a way to work around it." 

"Since you're awake, I can tell you that you're just in time. You can now watch me give him his punishment for informing you shadowhunters about my bunker," there was an glint of madness in Gwyn's eyes.

"YOU ARE FREAKING CRAZY! YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND!" Emma screamed at Gwyn. She was very mad at him for capturing her and torturing her. But, she couldn't bare watching somebody she cared for being tortured.

She only saw the aftermath of torturing on Taylor and Livvy, she never had seen it done on another person.

Gwyn laughed at her outburst,"you have no choice. I wasn't asking you if you wanted to watch or not." The man had gone mad.

Gwyn picked Mark up off the ground and walked him over to a large rock. "Put your hands on the rock," he commanded. Mark placed his bound hands on the rock before him.

"Stand still." Mark's body stilled. Gwyn pulled out a small knife. He took the hem of Mark's shirt and sliced the cloth open. Mark's lay bare, while the remnants of his shirt hung gingerly off of his arms.

Thick, pale scars crisscrossed all over his back. Some were faint, but others were more obvious than black against white. Ruined skin tissue covered the entirety of his back.

Emma's breath was lost. How many times did they torture him in Faerie? Faerie time did not run the same as the mortal world. How long did he have to suffer this pain? How long did they take to heal without a stele? Gwyn was absolutely sick.

"Don't! I'll take the torture. Torture me, just let him go," begged Emma. "I'm already making you suffer by watching this. It's like killing two birds with one stone,"laughed Gwyn.

He twirled the knife in his hand thoughtfully,"if you turn your head or close your eyes or do anything that remotely lets you not see the torture, I will double the amount of slits in his back. Do you understand me?"

Emma kept her mouth shut. "I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!" Emma nodded weakly,"yes." He smiled,"finally."

He turned and she said,"why are you doing all of this? You're torturing him for nothing. I know you want an army, but..." He cut her off,"the army's not for me. It's for someone more powerful than you could ever know."

"Who?"

"My Lady Midnight. She is in need of an army. She also needs a sacrifice. This is where my dear Mark comes up. You see, a mix of nephilim and fae blood is very hard to come by. I could've gone to seek out Helen, but Mark was already at my disposal," Gwyn ranted.

Keep him talking. She thought.

"What's so powerful about those two kinds of blood mixing together?" She inquired. "Two kinds of angelic blood. Both powerful. Both strong. He can have the strength of a faerie warrior and bare the runes of Shadowhunters. He can lie when other fae cannot. His blood is valuable, and it will help it raising my Lady. And when I get to finish off the runes in you. You could be the general of her army of demons. I also need to do a ceremony to finish off your transformation." He replied.