Chapter 30

Julian's P.O.V
Julian's day wound up being revolved around Ciara. He showed her around the Institute.
He started from the bottom of the building and worked his way up. The Institute was huge and even though he knew every nook and cranny, he had to show all of them to Ciara too. 

It was lunchtime when everyone else got to meet the new British girl.
Nobody had any troubles understanding her, because they were all used to Uncle Arthur's accent. Arthur seemed happy that Jules finally had a girlfriend. 

He was never the most outgoing person. Lunch was full of laughter and getting to know facts about Ciara. 

Afterwards, Jules walked Ciara back to her room. He asked," do you need any help unpacking?" She quickly responded,"nope. I'm fine." 

They sat on her bed. Jules said," you made a good impression on my family today. That's a lot of pressure off of my back." She smiled," no problem. They're great. I wish my family was still alive."
These words got to Jules. 

He knew one other person who lost both of her parents and had no siblings to be there for her. Emma. Julian knew that it was very tough trying to take care of his younger siblings, but at least he had family. People who had the same blood and loved him. 

Emma and Ciara  didn't have that. Jules had practically shared his family with Emma, but he knew that she wished she could have real relatives. 

He wrapped an arm around her shoulders," I think you an Emma would get along great." He would not be able to date Emma, so it doesn't matter that he introduced her to his new girlfriend.
Emma had no romantic feelings for Jules whatsoever. 

She liked Mark. She kissed Mark. 

That had proven that she preferred his brother. "Should we go and train?" Ciara asked. "Sure, I want to kick your butt again," smirked Jules. Ciara scoffed,"you wish." 

"I know,"replied Julian trying to sound cocky. She laughed and pushed him,"don't go getting a big ego or else I'll have to break up with you,"she warned him. 

"You wouldn't dare," he said while hugging her. She hit him with a pillow and said," go get changed so we can settle this." Jules got up and left to go to his room. He shuffled around his room until he came up with the baggy clothing he used for training. 

He changed into the new clothes and walked out of the room. Jules went into the training room to find Ciara stretching. She didn't see him yet. 

Julian smiled deviously. He silently ran up and tackles her on the mat.
Well, tried. 

She turned and flipped him onto the mat. He landed with a thud and groaned. She smirked in victory.
He got up and reached for a shortsword. Ciara grabbed one herself and they squared off in the mat. Jules won 5-2. 

Next, they worked on hand to hand combat. They were soaking wet with sweat by the end of the training session. The both of them were used to the burning in their muscles and the fast pace of their hearts after a good workout.

That's how you know you actually did something right. Jules walked behind her and gave her a hug. "Ewwwww," she whined,"you're all sweaty." 

Jules laughed,"you're just as sweaty as I am. Whoever said that girls don't sweat was a liar. I am literally hugging actual proof." She turned and delivered the famous line,"girls don't sweat, they perspire." 

Julian laughed,"it's the same thing!" 

She huffed and slipped out of his grasp. She walked over to beside the mats. Julian's shirt lie there from him getting too hot to wear it. She threw the piece of cloth and it landed on his head. 

Ciara stared giggling. Jules snatched the shirt off his head and stuck his tongue out at her,"meanie."
"Four year old," she retorted. Julian tried to look offended,"and what is wrong with being 4? You just wish you had your whole life ahead of you, old lady."

"Fine then, listen to your elders," she demanded. "You do know that if we are dating that you would probably be considered a cougar." Julian acknowledged. 

Ciara wrinkled her nose,"okay that's just disgusting." He was laughing so much. Ciara hit him over the head," hurry up and go take a shower. You won't be getting any more hugs or kisses from me until you don't smell like dog turd that has been laying out in the sun for a week." 

"Wow that is a very well thought out smell," observed Jules. "I am gifted with that kind of stuff," she said while flipping her dark hair. 

They walked to their rooms and closed the doors. Jules jumped into the shower and washed off all of the sweaty stench that coated him. 

Back in his room, Jules chose out a nice pair of black jeans and a casual light blue dress shirt.
He went out and found a warm blanket and a few cushions. He also grabbed his sketchbook and a pencil. After unloading these items, he went to knock on Ciara's bedroom door.

She opened the door dressed in black leggings and a white long sleeved shirt that had bell sleeves. He led the way to the dining room. Everyone say there except for Taylor, Livvy, and Emma. 

Jules guessed that they were still on bed rest. They all ate their mashed potatoes, baked chicken, and rice. 

Ciara was smiling the whole time and even laughed when she helped Tavvy reach for his glass of milk, which was just beyond the reach of his tiny little arms. "Thank youuuuuuu," he smiled showing the cutest little dimples. 

"You're very welcome," she replied. Ty swirled his mashed potatoes around his plate. Julian knew that his brother was anxious about his twin and girlfriend. Damn, he was whipped. 

After dinner, he took Ciara's hand and led her up to the roof. "What are we doing up here?" Ciara inquired. 

"I am going to show you a view to die for of the clear LA night," announced Julian. The night was clear and there was no fog at all. The lights of the city glittered beneath them. All of them were like little winking stars. 

Ciara's eyes scanned over the city. It was breathtaking. "It's absolutely beautiful." They sat down on the blanket and cushions. 

Jules took out his sketchbook and started a new drawing. They talked while he was drawing and blending the graphite on the page. 

Aaaannnnddd...done," he declared. Turning the picture around so she could see.
It was Ciara looking over the city. The lights seemed to glow beneath her. She seemed too focused on the scenery to have a care in the world. It had a sense of total relaxation. 

As she was looking at the picture, Jules took the opportunity to start tickling her. She screamed and started wiggling around to try and evade his torturous hands. Even after he stopped they fell into a fit of giggles. 

Then, they started telling each other stories of when they were younger. He told her about when Emma would always cream him when they were training. 

She was laughing,"I really think that I am going to like your Parabatai."  

Emma with the flowing blond hair and warm brown eyes...Jules really had to take his mind off of her.
He smiled and leaned into to kiss Ciara slowly. When they kissed, there wasn't the spark that he felt with Emma. It didn't feel the same. 

He thought he heard a click, but ignored it. No one else comes up here except for him and Emma. And Emma was in the infirmary. 

Wait, no more thinking about her. 

He kissed Ciara harder and she smiled.

They both eventually parted for air. "That is what I call a kiss," she laughed.
"Well I must be a good kisser then," Julian said cockily.