Chapter 2

Emma walked into the dining room.

There was a huge table, but only 5 people sitting around it. Uncle Arthur sat at the head of the table.

Drusilla, Tavvy, Livvy, and Ty were sitting hunched over their plates of food.

Emma quickly ate an omelette, 2 pieces of toast, and 2 slices of bacon.

She also drank a glass of orange juice with it. 

Emma raced up to the training room. The training room was huge and took up almost one entire level of the Institute.

It was one of Emma's most favourite rooms in the entire Institute.

Christina Rosales, was working on knife throwing on one side of the room.Christina was from the Mexico Institute and the only one of the Institute's residents who had living parents.

Her parents ran the Mexico institute, but Tina wanted to live in a different Institute.

She has black hair with a strip of it dyed red and brown eyes.

On the other side of the room, Diana is working on sword fighting with Julian. It was never Julian's strong point.

They were both fighting with short swords.

Emma loved using her short sword, Cortana.

Diana and Jules stop fighting and looked over at Emma.

Diana walked over and said," Em, do you want to verse Jules?"

Emma smiled,"with pleasure." Emma walked over to Julian.

Julian raised his sword and asked,"how are you doing sleepy head?"

Emma took out Cortana and swept at Julian who parried. 

They versed each other for 5 minutes, lunging and blocking, until Emma knocked the sword out of Julian hand and trained her sword tip at Jules.

They both knew how to pull back when fighting.

They would never harm each other. 

She always beat Jules, but he was getting better.

After that, Jules had to help Emma with aiming her cross-bow.

" You have to aim a tiny bit higher because gravity will push it down a tiny bit."Julian put his arms around Emma to position the bow.

As soon as his arms went around her, Emma's heart quickened. She had these illegal feelings toward Jules growing over the years.

Emma has had many boyfriends, but she only ever liked Julian. It was the worst feeling when the only boy you liked was the only boy you weren't allowed to date.

His hands were warm. Then when he released the bow she focused on the target.

Emma shot and it hit dead centre. Julian smiled, "see? That's alot better."

They trained for another 2 hours and then were allowed to do anything they wanted for the rest of the day.

Jules went to his room to paint, but Emma knew he was going to smoke while he did it.

She waited 10 minutes before walking into his room and snatched the clove cigarette from his mouth and threw it out the window dispite Julian's protests. Jules says," it helps with the stress."

Emma knew it was hard for him because he always had to take care of his younger sibings, but she didn't like it when Julian smoked because he was harming his health.

Emma and Christina decided to go shopping together. Emma went to her room and changed into a tank top and frayed blue jeans.

She slipped a seraph blade into her purse before she headed towards the garage.

Tina was waiting in the huge garage of the Institute. It can fit 6 cars and still have alot of space to store things.

They both hopped into Emma's black Mercedes Benz that Uncle Arthur got her after she turned 16 and got her driver's license.

Tina looks at her," please don't get me killed."

Emma loves getting places quick, so she drives fast. 

After they were done shopping, they walked along the pier and drove back to the Institute.

When they walk in, they go straight to the dining room for dinner.

Uncle Arthur, Diana, and Jules are the only ones sitting around the table. Their faces are solemn.

Uncle Arthur is clutching what looks like a leaf in his hand.

Emma and Tina go and sit down at the table.

It is obvious that there is something very wrong.