Chapter 40

I had gotten my wound stitched up once the war ended. "Final count," Legolas started as we walked towards Gimli, "42." Gimli took the pipe of out his mouth, "42? That's not bad for a pointy-eared Elvish princeling. I myself am sitting pretty on 43." He patted the Orc that lay twitching beneath him. Legolas noticed and quickly shot an arrow below Gimli, "Forty-three." Gimli glared at him, "He was already dead." "He was twitching." "He was twitching, because he's got my axe embedded in his nervous system!"

I laughed slightly and Legolas turned to me, "What about you? How many did you kill?" I shook my head and smiled, "It does not matter, my dear Legolas." Gimli stood up, "Come on lass, we won't laugh." I smirked, "Fine then. If you must know, I killed 97." They both looked at me with wide eyes. "You lie." Gimli said. "I shook my head, "I am afraid not master dwarf."

I left them staring at me in shock as I made my way through the bodies. I looked around and sighed as I came across an all too familiar face. Alengál. The little boy I had helped before the war. I closed my eyes and said a quick prayer before continuing my way over to Gandalf.

"Lady Raina. It is a pleasure to see you still walking after the battle." I nodded and smiled, "I must admit, for a moment I forgot you would be making a special appearance. You could not have arrived at a better moment."

"Sauron's wrath will be terrible, his retribution swift," Gandalf spoke as we sat on our horses looking over at Mordor, "The battle for Helm's Deep is over. The battle for middle earth is about to begin. All our hopes now lie with two little hobbits, somewhere in the wilderness."