Chapter 34

I watched a little boy try to swing his sword but fail. "You must use your wrist." He turned to me and I smiled. I gently plucked the sword from his hands and demonstrated what I meant. I passed it back, "Now you try." He breathed in an tried to copy what I had done. "Very good. What is your name?" I asked him. He smiled with pride, "Alengál, son of Aländrano." I smiled and kneeled down to be eye level with him, "Well Alengál, I believe with a little practice, you could be the most skilled soldier in middle earth." His face lit up and he quickly ran back to his friend.

I stood up and sighed before heading to the armoury. I spotted Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli all in the room. Legolas passed Aragorn his sword, "We have trusted you this far. You have not let us astray. Forgive me. I was wrong to despair." Aragorn smiled at Legolas, "There is nothing to forgive, Legolas."Legolas looked over at me with an apologetic look but I shook my head and smiled.

Gimli suddenly walked over, "If we had time, I'd get this adjusted." He dropped the bottom of the chain mail he was wearing. It ended up pooling at his feet, "It's a little tight across the chest.

I laughed but stopped know a loud horn blew. My eyes widened, "That is no Orc horn." I sprinted to the gate as t opened to reveal many elf soldiers from Lothlórien. I smiled once Haldir came into view. "Haldir, my friend. It is a pleasure to see you come and help us achieve victory." He nodded and smiled at me before turning to the king, "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance ice existed between elves and men. Long ago we fought and died together. We come to honor that allegiance." Aragon gave him a hug and smiled, "You are most welcome." Haldir glanced at me for a moment and smiled, "We are proud to fight alongside men once more."