Chapter 20

Gandalf whistled as we all stood and watched. Suddenly two horses were spotted galloping across the plains towards us. I recognized one of them right away and squealed. Aola. Gandalf laughed at my excitement. "Those are two of the Mearas, unless my eyes are cheated by some spell." Gandalf smiled and stroke Shadowfax's nose as the gorgeous white horse came to a stop in front of him. Aola walked over to me and I stroked her neck, "Am I glad to see you again Aola. You get more beautiful each time I see you." I spoke to her in elvish. She neighed softly and leaned into my touch.

"Shadowfax. He is the lord of all horses and has been my friend through many dangers. Aola, who live seen before, is his mate. Together they ride through the plains of middle earth in a glorious manner." I climbed onto Aola, who had her old saddle still on her, and petted her main. "Ride, Aola." I whispered in elvish.
~~~~
I rode between Legolas and Gandalf and laughed. I had missed the feeling of Aola's coat under my feet as the wind blew through my hair. I encouraged Aola to go faster so we pulled ahead of the group and smiled into the stars. I could feel the happiness rolling off of Aola which told me she had missed it all too. I heard them all laughing from behind me and turned to stick my tongue out at them.

"Ride Raina! Let us show them the power Aola and Shadowfax hold!" Gandalf shouted as he rode up next to me. I leaned forward to speak in elvish, "Show them the power you had Aola. Make them breath the dust from under your hooves." She neighed loudly and went even fast than before along with Gandalf. At this point, Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn were around 30ft behind us staring in amazement at the speed Aola and Shadowfax were able to concur. I did not want to push Aola too hard so I let her slow Dow. To a normal speed gallop and run alongside Legolas, "Her beauty and power truly is breathtaking." Legolas said with a smile. I laughed and stroked her neck, "She is astonishing. I am so happy to have herby my side once more. It feels like centuries since I've had the privilege of sitting on her back as she rides into the beyond." Legolas smiled at me as we continued to ride across the plains of the land we call Middle Earth.