Chapter 8

I walked over to the dead cave troll and yanked my blade from its stomach. Legolas soon joined me as we started collecting our arrows from the orc corpses. More rumbling was heard from outside as Gandalf looked around in panic, "To the bridge of Khazad-dûm!" We all quickly sprinted through the pillars in hopes to escape the darkness that surrounded us. I noticed pippin having trouble keeping up so I grabbed his hand and pulled him so he was up to speed with me. Orcs started coming out from cracks and running after us. Pretty soon we were surrounded. A loud growl suddenly echoed around us as an orange light appeared from where we came. The orcs screeched and ran away. Gimli started chuckling but I knew what was coming. A Balrog. Another growl sounded and Boromir spoke up, "What is this new devilry?" "A Balrog." Gandalf said. i explained, "A demon of the ancient world. This foe is beyond any of you." "Run!" Gandalf shouted and we took off once more. I ran down the steps and quickly pulled Boromir back as he was about to fall off the where he steps had broken off. We went down another way. There was a gap in the stairs which Legolas and I Jumped over easily. Gandalf went next. An arrow suddenly was shot and landed with beside me. Legolas shot down the archer and turned to Boromir, merry, and pippin, who were all about to jump. Sam got tossed over and I caught him with ease. Aragorn went to grab Gimli but he protested, "Nobldy tosses a dwarf." Gimli jumped but Legolas had to grab his beard and pull him forward. I shot down two archers and turned back to Aragorn and Frodo. They were about to jump when part of the stairs behind them collapsed so they were balancing on their own. Hey leaned forward so they crashed into us. I caught Frodo and we quickly continued our way to the bridge. "Over he bridge! Fly!" We ran across the bridge quickly and turned back to see Gandalf had stopped in the middle of the bridge. "You cannot pass!" He yelled at the Balrog. "Gandalf!" Frodo shouted. We watched the Balrog break the bridge and fall into the darkness. Gandalf turned to us and smiled. I screamed when the Balrog's whip wrapped around Gandalf's ankle and pulled him down. He held on by his arms, "Fly you fools."