Chapter 4

I walked at the front of the group with Legolas as the snow and wind picked up, but froze. There was a faint voice chanting. I looked at Legolas and knew he heard it too. "There is a foul voice on the air." He said and furrowed his eyebrows. "It's Saruman!" The mountain shook and boulders started to fall. I grabbed Legolas' arm and pulled him towards me. A boulder hit where he was standing mere seconds ago and he smiled at me. The mountain shook once more, "He's trying to bring down the mountain!" I shouted. "Gandalf we must turn back!" Aragorn shouted. "No!" Gandalf replied and started chanting a counter spell. Legolas pulled me closer and I buried my head in his chest. I looked up and saw a huge pile of snow falling. I noticed Legolas and I were standing near the edge so I quickly shoved him back just before the snow fell. I felt it hit me like a ton of bricks as the ground beneath me crumbled. I quickly latched onto the ledge and screamed. I started to lose grip and slipped. I only fell about a foot before a hand shout out and grabbed me. Legolas pulled me up and away from the ledge. I buried my face in his chest an let out a shaky breath. "We must get off the mountain! Make for the gap of Rohan and take the west road to my city!" Boromir shouted. "The Gap of Rohan takes us too close to Isengard!" I shouted back. "If we cannot pass over a mountain, let us go under it. Let us go through the mines of Moria." Gimli said. Gandalf was silent for a moment, "Let the ring bearer decide." We all turned to Frodo. "We will go through the mines."

I went to follow the others but Legolas pulled me back for a second, "What were you thinking?" He said with anger laced in his voice. I looked at him in shock, "We were right next to the edge. I had to do something." He shook his head, "You almost got yourself killed." I glared at him, "Okay what is your problem? You saved me from the crebain, I saved you from the boulders twice, and you saved me from falling. We're even. Move on." I walked away from him and walked alongside Gimli. "You okay lass? You seem upset." Gimli said but I smiled and acted like I was fine, "I'm fine, just wanna get off this bloody mountain." he chuckled and started telling me all about the mines and his cousin Balin. It helped distract me from my argument with Legolas and the stories were very interesting actually. I was very intrigued and excited to see the mines now.

EDITED 08/03/15