Chapter 35

"You could have picked a better spot." Gimli grumbled from beside me as he couldn't see over the wall. I stood between Legolas and Gimli staring out at the army slept advancing towards us. Aragorn walked over and Gimli stated to speak, "Well, lad, whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night." I turned to Aragorn, "Your friends are with you Aragorn." "Let's hope they last the night." Gimli mumbled. Aragorn patted our shoulders and walked back to his spot. Legolas tilted my chin up and planted a soft kiss to my lips. It made me want to cry, not knowing if that would be our last. I pulled away when it started to rain and smiled softly at him. "Show them no mercy, for you shall receive none!" Aragorn shouted as the army came to a halt. Gimli tried jumping up to look over, "What's happening out there?" Gimli asked in a frantic tone. "Shall I describe it to you?" Legolas started. "Or would you like me to find you a box." I finished with a smirk. Gimli turned to loo at Legolas and I, and started to laugh. We all aimed our bows an waited for our command. Legolas and I had each stringed two arrows. An elderly man accidentally let his arrow go and it buried itself into an Urak-hai's neck. "HOLD!" Aragorn yelled. The Urak-hai fell dead and the others started to roar and bang their weapons. They started to charge at us but we waited for the call. "Prepare to fire!" The elves of Lorien aimed their bows along with the rest of us. I examined the Urak-hai's armor, "Their armor is weak at the neck and beneath the arm." I spoke. "Release arrows!" I let the string go and watched as the arrows hit two Urak-hai in the neck. Many fell dead but the others continued to run. "Did they hit anything?" Gimli asked. I kept shooting my arrows at the Urak-hair carrying a ladder towards the wall. "Come on. Bring 'em to me." Gimli said gripping his axe. "Ladders!" Aragorn shouted as four ladders were lifted. The Urak-hai on the ladder a few feet away from me growled as the ladder headed towards us. "Swords!" I pulled out my two elvish blades and cut off the head of one of the hideous beasts.

So it begins.